Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on July 25, 2016, 08:29:13 am

Title: Black Wheat Fields
Post by: William Walker on July 25, 2016, 08:29:13 am
I think I'm pushing it here...and this is the only place where I am prepared to try this out....

You can be brutal...!
Title: Re: Black Wheat Fields
Post by: graeme on July 25, 2016, 09:08:27 am
It's intriguing - I'm not sure what to make of it. It would be interesting to see it printed large, nicely framed ( black frame, white matt ? ) & hung in a quite modern minimal apartment. ( Or one of the Case Study houses that Julius Schulman photographed ).

Thanks for posting the image - it's got me thinking.
Title: Re: Black Wheat Fields
Post by: RSL on July 25, 2016, 09:15:01 am
Hi William, It looks to me like some of the stuff Josef Koudelka did. The difference was that Koudelka was trying to make a political point.
Title: Re: Black Wheat Fields
Post by: luxborealis on July 25, 2016, 04:44:07 pm
Nowadays, anything goes! Keep pushing it! Never stop!

This works and might work even more strongly if there was some motion with this, but as is, it works, just not for everyone.
Title: Re: Black Wheat Fields
Post by: Richowens on July 25, 2016, 06:17:28 pm
WOW!!

Well done William.

Rich
Title: Re: Black Wheat Fields
Post by: William Walker on July 26, 2016, 07:05:08 am
Thanks for the comments! I'll keep going!

Does anyone else see the female form in this one...? Err...the "breasts" would have the antennae on them...
Title: Re: Black Wheat Fields
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 27, 2016, 03:27:17 am
I says "prairie evening" to me. Nice.