Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Shakyphoto (Slim) on July 24, 2016, 11:29:55 pm

Title: Lost Lights
Post by: Shakyphoto (Slim) on July 24, 2016, 11:29:55 pm
Hunted for lights for 9 days.  First 6 days were bust.  Finally got it on 7th day.

(https://c3.staticflickr.com/2/1643/25759845890_2a63fa7c18_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/FfiWHY)Lost Lights (https://flic.kr/p/FfiWHY) by Stephen Lim (https://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen_tl/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Lost Lights
Post by: thierrylegros396 on July 25, 2016, 03:23:33 am
Impressive!

Thierry
Title: Re: Lost Lights
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 25, 2016, 03:31:11 am
Well worth the effort! Could you try to tone down the bright light in the lower left, though? It's really distracting.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Lost Lights
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 25, 2016, 07:38:27 am
Nice one. Agree with comment on the lower left light.
Title: Re: Lost Lights
Post by: Shakyphoto (Slim) on July 25, 2016, 09:27:18 am
Well worth the effort! Could you try to tone down the bright light in the lower left, though? It's really distracting.

Jeremy

I have many other northern light photos at the same location which don't have this light.
I could definitely see how this light may be distracting.  Let's see if others see it the same.
Title: Re: Lost Lights
Post by: MattBurt on July 25, 2016, 10:14:01 am
Love the shot but also wish that light was behind one of those mounds.
Title: Re: Lost Lights
Post by: Sean H on July 25, 2016, 09:26:44 pm
+1

Love the shot but also wish that light was behind one of those mounds.
Title: Re: Lost Lights
Post by: francois on July 26, 2016, 07:57:49 am
Same feeling as the previous comment… Spectacular but would be better without the bright light.
Title: Re: Lost Lights
Post by: DaveRichardson on July 29, 2016, 02:37:03 pm
I must be unusual  ;D .
I think the light keeps it "real" looking. Covering it up and the image looks a bit surreal.

Dave
Title: Re: Lost Lights
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 29, 2016, 02:41:24 pm
I must be unusual  ;D .
I think the light keeps it "real" looking. Covering it up and the image looks a bit surreal.

Dave

I didn't suggest getting rid of it entirely, just toning it down a bit.

Jerry