Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Neil Williams on July 24, 2016, 09:46:20 am

Title: Northern Italy
Post by: Neil Williams on July 24, 2016, 09:46:20 am
Shot while on holiday in Switzerland and Northern Italy
Title: Re: Northern Italy
Post by: francois on July 26, 2016, 08:04:00 am
I like the calm and relaxing mood of those shots.
Title: Re: Northern Italy
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 26, 2016, 09:29:54 am
Nice location. They seem a bit on the lighter side?
Title: Re: Northern Italy
Post by: luxborealis on July 30, 2016, 10:46:09 am
Nice location. They seem a bit on the lighter side?

I agree, they do appear on the light side. Also, there are water plants just peaking above the lake in the bottom left of the first photo. While it can be argued they are complimentary and give a sense of depth, they also appear slightly distracting and could be removed without changing the nature of the photograph.
Title: Re: Northern Italy
Post by: stamper on July 30, 2016, 11:01:02 am
Nice location. They seem a bit on the lighter side?

Agreed. The compositions are fine but imo a little more contrast would be beneficial. Is your monitor profiled?
Title: Re: Northern Italy
Post by: Neil Williams on July 30, 2016, 11:04:42 am
Agreed. The compositions are fine but imo a little more contrast would be beneficial. Is your monitor profiled?
I'm just using a MBP at work. When I get back home in 3 weeks time I will be redoing them using a my Ezio monitor and printing them :)