Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: jtread on July 21, 2016, 05:17:31 pm

Title: LR Keywords Disappear in Keyword List
Post by: jtread on July 21, 2016, 05:17:31 pm
I am doing a key wording project on a photographer's archive of 170,000+ photos. We have determined the list of key words that they want to use and imported them into a LR catalog.

1. Tagged a couple thousand files with key words.
2. Selected all of the files in the catalog and hit COMMAND+S and saved the metadata to the files.
3. Exported a selection of 1500+ images to a new catalog.

Not every keyword was used. The key word was in the Keyword List but no images were tagged.

When I opened the new catalog, only the key words that were tagged on an image carried over. Makes sense.

I then went back to the master archive catalog to retrieve my Key Word List. When I looked at my keyword list, every keyword that was not used, was deleted. What am I doing wrong? Does this make sense? What could have caused this? I am leaning towards human error, but I want to understand where I messed up.



Title: Re: LR Keywords Disappear in Keyword List
Post by: p6025 on July 24, 2016, 04:42:50 am
Sounds like the last option on the Metadata menu, "Purge Unused Keywords", was executed in the master catalogue.