Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: bteifeld on July 21, 2016, 05:22:33 am

Title: Looking for an aqueous inkjet printable clear film w/permanent adhesive
Post by: bteifeld on July 21, 2016, 05:22:33 am
I was wondering if anyone knew of a source/manufacturer of clear film, printable on aqueous inkjet, that has a pressure sensitive permanent adhesive backing.
Title: Re: Looking for an aqueous inkjet printable clear film w/permanent adhesive
Post by: howardm on July 21, 2016, 08:09:06 am
try places like Lexjet, Kapco or GMS.  there are plenty of either white or diffusion/backlight but not much in optically clear.

I found 1 at Lexjet but it's billed as 'low-tack' adhesive.  Found none that are 'permanent' adhesive.
Title: Re: Looking for an aqueous inkjet printable clear film w/permanent adhesive
Post by: bteifeld on July 21, 2016, 10:31:15 am
Thanks for mentioning these places- I have looked at Kapco and Lexjet, as well as Sihl and Inkpress.
Just looked at GMS, which I assume referred to Graphic Marking Systems- and they don't seem to
have it either.
Title: Re: Looking for an aqueous inkjet printable clear film w/permanent adhesive
Post by: Ken Doo on July 21, 2016, 12:12:26 pm
Kapco's clear vinyl adhesive works well. The adhesive is strong.

ken
Title: Re: Looking for an aqueous inkjet printable clear film w/permanent adhesive
Post by: howardm on July 21, 2016, 12:40:58 pm
Ken,  do you have a specific SKU or part #?  Kapco's stuff is hard to pick through.
Title: Re: Looking for an aqueous inkjet printable clear film w/permanent adhesive
Post by: MichaelClementi on July 21, 2016, 12:59:58 pm
I was wondering if anyone knew of a source/manufacturer of clear film, printable on aqueous inkjet, that has a pressure sensitive permanent adhesive backing.

I work for LexJet and we have a pretty aggressive yet cleanly removable product here:
http://www.lexjet.com/p-4243-LexJet-Crystal-Low-Tack-Polyester.aspx
Title: Re: Looking for an aqueous inkjet printable clear film w/permanent adhesive
Post by: bteifeld on July 21, 2016, 03:27:40 pm
Ken, thank you for mentioning Kapco. I actually just spoke with them today and they indicated that at one time, they did have an aqueous printable vinyl with permanent adhesive which was discontinued a year ago. As far as I can tell, they only sell aqueous printable clear films without adhesive.

Michael, thank you for mentioning the Lexjet products. They are expensive on a square footage basis compared to SIHL 3166, which I would view as a comparable product given the removable adhesive. Allsquare sells 3166 in 50"x75' for $321.00. I did not notice a width larger than 36" for the Lexjet product, and I need something as close to 44" as possible.
Title: Re: Looking for an aqueous inkjet printable clear film w/permanent adhesive
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on July 21, 2016, 04:12:48 pm
Océ (Canon now) used to have a clear adhesive PET film. I still have something left of it but doubt it is still available.
36" x 75 feet. 555-4A-00   189571189

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
July 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Title: Re: Looking for an aqueous inkjet printable clear film w/permanent adhesive
Post by: bteifeld on July 21, 2016, 04:58:23 pm
Ernst, thank you for mentioning this- I think you are probably talking about ACFLM04- right?
Title: Re: Looking for an aqueous inkjet printable clear film w/permanent adhesive
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on July 22, 2016, 03:35:02 am
Ernst, thank you for mentioning this- I think you are probably talking about ACFLM04- right?

Specs look similar but I can not find that code on the box here.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
July 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots