Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on July 19, 2016, 02:38:13 pm
-
As some may recall, I have a small, but thriving bog garden, with pitcher plants, venus fly traps, sundews, and quite a number of native plants that came along 'for the ride'. Here's one that surprised me this morning. I believe it is an orchid, but I have yet to identify it. I think it's quite a beauty and hope you will agree.
As always, I encourage your comments and thank you for your time in viewing my contribution.
Bob
-
A good friend and an expert on bog plants identified this orchid as a Calopogon tuberosus, aka a tuberous grasspink. I am told that the white form is rather rare. For those interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calopogon.
-
Fascinating. That bog garden is quite a goldmine.
-
Thanks Eric. You would laugh if you saw how small it is.
-
Thanks Eric. You would laugh if you saw how small it is.
Whatever the size, it seems a garden that is a source of photographic pleasure for you.
-
I've never been able to leave well enough alone, and so, I've been 'playin' around with monochrome versions and overlays on these photos. Here's one that I think works, but I wonder if I've improved, harmed, or just overdid the image? Thoughts?
Thank you for viewing, Bob
-
Beautiful work.
-
I think it's a bit overdone. The petals had some texture in the colour version, but in the b&w they look coarse, with a roughened surface which I don't find attractive. I've done the same thing when trying to get good monochrome flower photos. It needs a lighter touch.
Jeremy
-
I think it's a bit overdone. The petals had some texture in the colour version, but in the b&w they look coarse, with a roughened surface which I don't find attractive. I've done the same thing when trying to get good monochrome flower photos. It needs a lighter touch.
Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy. I appreciate your 'eye' for this sort of thing. I'm still experimenting with monochrome flower techniques, and I know I have a way to go towards getting it down. - Bob
-
Thank you Rajan.