Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on July 19, 2016, 04:53:45 am

Title: Arctic orchids
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 19, 2016, 04:53:45 am
Fragrant orchids, and cranesbills, and cottongrass.
Feedback welcome.
Title: Re: Arctic orchids
Post by: sarrasani on July 19, 2016, 07:49:00 am
so pleasurable images. My fave is the 3.
s.
Title: Re: Arctic orchids
Post by: Sean H on July 19, 2016, 08:58:13 am
I had no idea that orchids could live in the arctic regions. The flowers are nice and sharp. In the first photo...the shape of the mountains in the middle is interesting -- semi circular and bowl-shaped. In last photo, the light of the setting sun makes the tufts of the flowers come alive.
Title: Re: Arctic orchids
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 21, 2016, 03:18:54 am
Thanks, Sarrasani and Sean. The Fragrant Orchids are so fragrant that I often smell them before I see them.
Title: Re: Arctic orchids
Post by: John Koerner on July 21, 2016, 05:24:01 pm
Satisfying images to behold ...
Title: Re: Arctic orchids
Post by: francois on July 22, 2016, 04:59:07 am
All are nice but the third is my favorite. I like this backlit scene and the orchids are glowing.
Title: Re: Arctic orchids
Post by: thierrylegros396 on July 22, 2016, 11:27:21 am
All are nice but the third is my favorite. I like this backlit scene and the orchids are glowing.

+1

Exactly what I wanna say!

Thierry
Title: Re: Arctic orchids
Post by: DaveRichardson on July 24, 2016, 08:24:22 pm
Love the light in the third image

Dave
Title: Re: Arctic orchids
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 25, 2016, 07:40:57 am
I agree that #3 is good, but I prefer #2; there are less things to distract from the flowers, that also make a good diagonal.
Title: Re: Arctic orchids
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 27, 2016, 03:18:44 am
...I prefer #2; there are less things to distract from the flowers, that also make a good diagonal.

Thanks for the comments. Glad this came through to you, Paulo. It really struck me in the field.