Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: charles.woodrich on July 18, 2016, 05:37:29 pm

Title: Color Editor
Post by: charles.woodrich on July 18, 2016, 05:37:29 pm
I just imported a new set of files (Sony a7R2), culled and adjusted in LR, and when I click on the advanced tab of color editor nothing is displayed.  Any thoughts on what is happening here?
Title: Re: Color Editor
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on July 18, 2016, 06:56:07 pm
I just imported a new set of files (Sony a7R2), culled and adjusted in LR, and when I click on the advanced tab of color editor nothing is displayed.  Any thoughts on what is happening here?

Hi Charles,

I'm not sure, but does the slimmed down Sony version of Capture One even enable the use of the Advanced Color Editor Tab? I believe it takes the full C1 Pro version, to use the Advanced tab.

Anyway, it won't recognize or know what to do with adjustments from LR.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Color Editor
Post by: Mike Dale on July 18, 2016, 06:59:11 pm
The Sony version does have the advanced color tab. I don't believe the Free version includes it however.
Title: Re: Color Editor
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on July 19, 2016, 05:02:14 am
I just imported a new set of files (Sony a7R2), culled and adjusted in LR, and when I click on the advanced tab of color editor nothing is displayed.  Any thoughts on what is happening here?

Are you expecting your Lightroom edits to show in Capture One?

Title: Re: Color Editor
Post by: charles.woodrich on July 19, 2016, 02:26:11 pm
I have the Pro version not the Sony version.  I don't expect the LR adjustments to be picked up by C1.  Can't figure out what's going on.
Title: Re: Color Editor
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on July 19, 2016, 02:29:35 pm
I have the Pro version not the Sony version.  I don't expect the LR adjustments to be picked up by C1.  Can't figure out what's going on.

Hi Charles,

Are you processing Raws, or TIFF output from LR?

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Color Editor
Post by: charles.woodrich on July 19, 2016, 03:22:11 pm
Bart,

I'm using RAW.  There are only a few files I've converted to TIFF.  I know this must be operator error.  I've gone back into finder and tried to open a few it shows the preview and it says they are "locked" .  I've never heard of such a thing.  Can files be locked against editing in LR?
Title: Re: Color Editor
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on July 20, 2016, 03:57:07 am
Bart,

I'm using RAW.  There are only a few files I've converted to TIFF.  I know this must be operator error.  I've gone back into finder and tried to open a few it shows the preview and it says they are "locked" .  I've never heard of such a thing.  Can files be locked against editing in LR?

Im confused as you mention Lightroom in your first post.

What exactly are you trying to do?