Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattNQ on July 17, 2016, 08:35:23 pm

Title: Chair under a tree
Post by: MattNQ on July 17, 2016, 08:35:23 pm
Chair under a tree (for want of a more dramatic title  :) )

(https://photos.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-wm43mGB/0/X2/P7063849_edit-X2.jpg)
Title: Re: Chair under a tree
Post by: GrahamBy on July 19, 2016, 12:19:04 pm
Matt I like the composition and the texture (so far as I can see it on my aging office monitor... with my aging office eyes). Otoh, I get a feeling of vertigo: I'm guessing it was shot with a super-wide lens? Maybe with a real print, or a bigger monitor, it would not be present... and of course it's wide-angle perspective that produces a lot of the drama in the image.

Tastes are personal of course, and I'm not really a landscape guy, just something to think about.
Thanks for sharing :)

Title: Re: Chair under a tree
Post by: MattNQ on July 22, 2016, 10:07:34 am
Matt I like the composition and the texture (so far as I can see it on my aging office monitor... with my aging office eyes). Otoh, I get a feeling of vertigo: I'm guessing it was shot with a super-wide lens? Maybe with a real print, or a bigger monitor, it would not be present... and of course it's wide-angle perspective that produces a lot of the drama in the image.

Tastes are personal of course, and I'm not really a landscape guy, just something to think about.
Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks for taking the time to comment Graham. It was taken at 9mm on a m4/3 body, so nice and wide.



sent from Earth via tapatalk