Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: StuartOnline on July 14, 2016, 07:31:37 pm
-
Capture One Pro release 9.2.1 Service Pack today.
https://www.phaseone.com/en/Download.aspx
9.2.1 Mac Bug Fixes
Fixed some issues relating to catalog upgrade and repair
Fixed an issue causing artefacts using OpenCL with some graphics cards e.g. Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
Fixed a stability issue related to specific use of the metadata tool
Fixed an issue causing images to be imported and named in reverse order
Fixed a few localization issues.
Fixed: Make F-keys mappable as a shortcut
Fixed a catalog verification issue with missing metadata
Fixed reset counter from Next Capture Adjustments menu
Fixed a bug preventing LCC Dust Removal from being applied to processed images
Additional minor bug fixes and improvements
9.2.1 Win Bug Fixes
Fixed a couple of stability issues, in particular an issue frequently causing Capture One Express (for Sony) to exit incorrectly
Fixed a crash when importing Fuji X-Pro 2 files
Fixed a hang when creating a heal layer on X-Pro 2 files
Fixed an issue previewing styles
Fixed a bug preventing LCC Dust Removal from being applied to processed images
Fixed some OpenCL related issues occasionally causing images to be displayed incorrectly
Additional minor bug fixes and improvements
9.2.1 Lens Support
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 II USM
-
Nice to see the crash with heal layers for the X-Pro2 being fixed - I only reported it a few weeks ago!
ANdrew.
-
It looks like 9.2.1 also now supports lens corrections for the XPro2 - Manufacturer profiles, or manual.
-
Unfortunately, the X-Pro2 lens profiles are NOT fixed. The distortion difference between RAW and SOOC JPGs shot with my 35 f2 lens is still very obvious. I see it less with my 23 f1.4 lens and a lot with the 16-55 f2.8.
Bummer!
Fortunately, the SOOC JPGs are excellent, but I still would like to use RAW when needed for post processing.
Regards,
Bud James
www.budjames.photography
-
I'm getting pretty much an identical match for the JPG with the 18-55, as long as I go into the lens tab and change the profile from 'Generic' to 'Manufacturer Profile'.
My other lenses are the 14mm, 35 1.4 and 90mm, all of which are optically corrected anyway.
Now that you can also manually change the distortion, sharpness and fall-off are you able to manually create a good match for the 35 f2 and then use that as a preset?
Andy.
-
Capture One Pro release 9.2.1 Service Pack today.
https://www.phaseone.com/en/Download.aspx
9.2.1 Win Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue previewing styles
It's not fixed. When you sort for rating, previewing a style still changes the image order in the browser and when you set sorting to Rating/Descending then previewing/applying a style changes the sort order to Rating/Ascending.
-
When looking at the above replies the X-Pro2 lens corrections are either fixed or they are not in C1 v.9.2.1.
When selecting 'Manufacturer Profile' would/could anyone of you check this on lenses that need corrections such as for instance the 16-55 f/2.8 at 16mm (pincushion distortion) or 55mm (barrel distortion)? Thanks in advance, it’s much appreciated!
-
Still trying out the demo but had major issues yesterday on 27" iMac 5K regarding missing metadata, catalog database corruption and repair and verification issues. For some reason this translated to the backup catalog as well. Now cannot access most of my images (even though they are still in place in the CO Catalog package). See details in separate post above.
It sounds like 9.2.1 could remedy some of this but not sure if upgrade will fix current catalog or if I'll have to start over with new catalog and re-importing images..
Only have 10 days left on demo to sort this out. So far I love CO (coming from Aperture) but I can't seeing purchasing CO if I can't get this sorted.
-
New bug (Windows), when you link brush and eraser and then change one or the other, the setting isn't applied to the other. For example create a new layer, use the brush then switch over to eraser and change the size of the eraser and then toggle back to the brush, the old brush size is retained. When you link them, the two should stay in sync. Already reported to Phase One.
-
When looking at the above replies the X-Pro2 lens corrections are either fixed or they are not in C1 v.9.2.1.
When selecting 'Manufacturer Profile' would/could anyone of you check this on lenses that need corrections such as for instance the 16-55 f/2.8 at 16mm (pincushion distortion) or 55mm (barrel distortion)? Thanks in advance, it’s much appreciated!
XP2 lens prefaces are not fixed. You can select Manufacturers Profile, but it dies not "stick".
I entered a support ticket with Capture One. They confirmed that it is not fixed as XP2 RAW supporting still only "preliminary" after three releases.
I hope that they get it fixed before my XT2 arrives.
Bud
www.budjames.photography
-
XP2 lens prefaces are not fixed. You can select Manufacturers Profile, but it dies not "stick".
I entered a support ticket with Capture One. They confirmed that it is not fixed as XP2 RAW supporting still only "preliminary" after three releases.
I hope that they get it fixed before my XT2 arrives.
Bud
www.budjames.photography
Not a matter of "fixing". It's not yet a supported camera. When support is added it should work as expected.
-
I think in 9.2.1, they concentrated on the 35/2.0, since that is a new lens and really needs a little help near the edges. There are other Fuji lenses that need software correction (the pancakes and the zooms), but I don't have them to try out.
scott