Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: leeonmaui on July 14, 2016, 06:00:44 pm

Title: After the Break color
Post by: leeonmaui on July 14, 2016, 06:00:44 pm
Aloha,

I also really like the color version, need to start from scratch and work on the highlights...
Title: Re: After the Break color
Post by: stamper on July 15, 2016, 03:50:56 am
And the colouring seems to be a little off?
Title: Re: After the Break color
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 15, 2016, 03:51:36 am
That's just weird. I can't believe it's what you were trying to achieve.

Jeremy
Title: Re: After the Break color
Post by: francois on July 15, 2016, 03:56:43 am
Either fix the weird colors or stay with the B&W version...
Title: Re: After the Break color
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 15, 2016, 04:10:27 am
Is that yellow/brown from foam? I have seen foam about this colour, it results from the break down of organic matter, and occurs with heavy seas.
Title: Re: After the Break color
Post by: leeonmaui on July 15, 2016, 04:58:15 am
Aloha,
I guess I'm ok with it looking "weird"
The highlights bug me and I'll work on them, the sky is a bit darker than I want so I'll work on that

The brown foam is tons of pure beach sand being pulled up these are massive 25-35 waves.
I think the sand color introduces too much of an alien color, so in that respect the image is a  Disappointment.

I love the toned black and white so maybe I'll leave it at that.
Title: Re: After the Break color
Post by: francois on July 15, 2016, 05:07:09 am
Aloha,
I guess I'm ok with it looking "weird"
The highlights bug me and I'll work on them, the sky is a bit darker than I want so I'll work on that
…

If you're pleased with your photo then it's the most important thing...  8)
Title: Re: After the Break color
Post by: stamper on July 15, 2016, 05:29:24 am
If you're pleased with your photo then it's the most important thing...  8)

Correct. However the problem is that when you post it for the members to look at then you have to take on board the replies....assuming they are "sensible"

http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2016/07/06/photograph-anything-you-want/
Title: Re: After the Break color
Post by: framah on July 15, 2016, 02:41:01 pm
Sorry... I've seen better colors on an acid trip!! This is just wrong, no matter what.  :o

This is what happens when someone discovers the color sliders in PS and pushes them WAAAAYY too far.

Seriously, back it off about 75 points. ::)