Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on July 13, 2016, 05:54:38 pm

Title: Crocosmia flowers
Post by: Bob_B on July 13, 2016, 05:54:38 pm
Crocosmia flowers are a delight in so many ways. The plants are quite hardy and require very little upkeep. They bloom throughout July and August, with sprays of 10-20 bright red flowers that attract hummingbirds and butterflies. And, they're quite wonderful subjects for photography. The only downside, if there is one, is that the slightest breeze will set the flowers rockin', but such is life.

I hope you enjoy this photo and thank you for viewing.

Bob
Title: Re: Crocosmia flowers
Post by: thierrylegros396 on July 14, 2016, 02:32:48 am
Very Nice Flower.

I would crop about 1/6th of the right part to slightly offset the interesting part of the flower.

Thierry
Title: Re: Crocosmia flowers
Post by: francois on July 14, 2016, 04:09:18 am
Nice combination of colors and I like the softness or fluidity of the shapes.
Title: Re: Crocosmia flowers
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 14, 2016, 04:19:18 am
Nice flower and good background. A small nit, I find the buds in the foreground are obstructing the view of the main flower, perhaps a different angle, if possible?
Title: Re: Crocosmia flowers
Post by: Bob_B on July 14, 2016, 08:29:25 am
Thierry, francois, Paulo: Many thanks for your comments. Re: OOF buds -- I had a devil of the time with the wind that evening. Luckily, those flowers (or those from other crocosmia plants) will be available for future photos. Re: Cropping -- I'll give that suggestion a try. Thanks again.

 Bob