Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on July 12, 2016, 08:05:50 pm

Title: I Loose
Post by: Todd Suttles on July 12, 2016, 08:05:50 pm
This is my final post, back to my day job tomorrow. I've been sitting on this one for a couple years unsure about it. To me it asks a lot of questions that can't be answered. But, I'm not sure it is appealing or interesting to anyone else? Thanks, t
Title: Re: I Loose
Post by: BobDavid on July 12, 2016, 11:12:57 pm
It's an engaging image. Graffiti and street-themed images are popular these days. There is something eerie about it--it's desolate. I'd crop out a bit on the right-hand side of the frame.
Title: Re: I Loose
Post by: Otto Phocus on July 13, 2016, 06:26:09 am
Is there a clever play on words that I am missing about the word "loose" in the title?
Title: Re: I Loose
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 13, 2016, 07:16:46 am
I did wonder about that. Maybe the dog is loose (not on a lead/leash), and the I is a capital Roman numeral referring to the one dog. Just a guess.
Title: Re: I Loose
Post by: Bob_B on July 13, 2016, 07:51:36 am
It's an engaging image. Graffiti and street-themed images are popular these days. There is something eerie about it--it's desolate. I'd crop out a bit on the right-hand side of the frame.
+1 (Stopped worrying about titles years ago...lol)
Title: Re: I Loose
Post by: GrahamBy on July 13, 2016, 11:52:35 am
Is there a clever play on words that I am missing about the word "loose" in the title?

Have you not noticed that it is an extremely common error in American internet English to write "I loose" in place of "I lose"? I expect that is what the graffitist thought he was writing (or was ironically writing) at the lower left.
Title: Re: I Loose
Post by: Otto Phocus on July 14, 2016, 06:16:36 am
Oh, so you are saying that the word loose is in the photograph?

Now that you mention it, I think I can see it.  I could not make out that word in the foreground at first.

Thanks for pointing that out.   :)
Title: Re: I Loose
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 14, 2016, 08:57:32 am
Maybe the graffiti artist was a "lose canon."  :D
Title: Re: I Loose
Post by: Todd Suttles on July 17, 2016, 03:41:09 pm
It's an engaging image. Graffiti and street-themed images are popular these days. There is something eerie about it--it's desolate. I'd crop out a bit on the right-hand side of the frame.
Yes. Thanks you. I like it better too.