Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: haring on July 12, 2016, 05:24:26 pm
-
The new Sony FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA is here. Is there anybody here who can inform us about the speed and accuracy of the AF capabilities of this awesome lens? Has anybody tested it? Online reviews don't reveal anything about AF.
-
I doubt it will be fast. I have the 35mm 1.4 version and it's auto focus I find just barely expectable for wedding work. I think the 55 1.8 has pretty fast auto focus and nice character. I am very tempted by the new 50 1.4 and will probably pick one up. It would be awesome to tackle weddings with the 35 and 50 1.4's.
-
The new Sony FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA is here. Is there anybody here who can inform us about the speed and accuracy of the AF capabilities of this awesome lens? Has anybody tested it? Online reviews don't reveal anything about AF.
we shall wait for mr Kasson of blog.kasson.com to get one, then he most probably study the AF accuracy
-
It's not the lens. It's the A7-series body its mounted to. Those things aren't built for speed.
Accuracy will be there - A7 bodies with Sony lenses are just about the most accurate systems out there. But you'll need to wait for the A9 to really see how fast it can track and focus.
-
After the new firmware, some lenses on some bodies focus at set aperture, which slows down things.
-
After the new firmware, some lenses on some bodies focus at set aperture, which slows down things.
Dumb idea. Why not a toggle? That would give you a speed option, as well as an option for dealing with lenses that have a lot of focus shift.