Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on July 12, 2016, 02:05:39 pm
-
and a church.
Feedback welcome.
-
The first one reminds me of Andrew Wyeth's famous painting, even if the ratio of sky to foreground is reversed:
(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a2/Christinasworld.jpg)
-
You have some magnificent clouds in 1 & 3. Did you explore B&W?
-
Very nice. What #2 lacks in clouds it makes up for with that golden light.
-
+whatever. A very nice set. There's merit in each, and each deserves repeated views.
-
+1
+whatever. A very nice set. There's merit in each, and each deserves repeated views.
-
Truly wide open space, well done.
-
Nice images ... although the third one is a church, not a home :)
-
Thanks folks. Perhaps Wyeth is why I've gone back to that spot a couple of times. Next time I'll take a model.
-
You have some magnificent clouds in 1 & 3. Did you explore B&W?
Eventually. #1 seems surreal enough, but #3 might work. Thanks, Mike.
-
A beautiful set of photos with vast expanses of sky and land.
-
Eventually. #1 seems surreal enough, but #3 might work. Thanks, Mike.
Yes!
Jeremy
-
Great series! And great potential for more, no doubt.
-
Eventually. #1 seems surreal enough, but #3 might work. Thanks, Mike.
3 is killer in B&W :)
-
3 is killer in B&W :)
+1
-
3 is killer in B&W :)
Thanks, all. Message received! It is interesting to me how b&w plays up the texture. I guess that's the point...
-
It does seem to have worked quite well.
-
Thanks, all. Message received! It is interesting to me how b&w plays up the texture. I guess that's the point...
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it's not JUST the texture. It's also the fact that the very muted green grass/foreground really comes to life as a dramatic contrast when given the BW treatment. Instead of looking like an underexposed (which it isn't really, but the "correct" exposure in this case is very dark) receding area of interest, the BW treatment makes the structure and foreground an integral part of the contrast between the various parts of the image.
-
The second image is lovely.
-
Where are you located? I'm about to make a foray across the country from Fl to Colorado, then up into the Tetons, Yellowstone and across and up to the Palouse of Eastern WA...I want to see some old house like these.
-
...the BW treatment makes the structure and foreground an integral part of the contrast between the various parts of the image.
Good point, thanks, James. I am still getting used to B&W.
Chris: these are in southern Saskatchewan, but if you go back through eastern Wyoming and South Dakota you should see lots of these. Take the back roads.
-
Driving a 30 foot motor home, back roads are all I take. Blue and red highways only for me. Southern Saskatchewan isn't that far out of context for this trip. Hmmmmmmmmmmm