Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: SimonC on July 12, 2016, 05:37:41 am
-
In LR 5.7 if I create a Proof Copy of a Virtual Copy the Before state for the Before and After views always defaults back to the Master image rather than the Virtual Copy I want to print. I know I can change this by clicking on the drop down by the Before state underneath the proofing windows but is there any way of changing the default so that the Before state remains the virtual copy?
Thanks,
Simon
-
I do not know if there is a way to change that to default. One thing I have found helpful, however, is that if you are in the before and after view, you can go to the history panel on the left side, and right click on any history state. This will allow you to apply that history state to the before view of the image, allowing you to compare your current image with any or all changes you made.
Hope this helps-
Dave
-
I have encountered the same problem. The way I work around this is to edit the virtual copy to my liking and make a snapshot of that state. I then go back to the orriginal, apply the snapshot just made, and make a virtual copy for softproofing from that point. Not elegant, but it gives you a firm record of what has been done.
cheers,
Boudewijn Swanenburg
-
Thanks folks looks like there isn't an easy answer to this.