Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Patricia Sheley on July 12, 2016, 12:49:54 am

Title: Settlement
Post by: Patricia Sheley on July 12, 2016, 12:49:54 am
~
Title: Re: Settlement
Post by: Rob C on July 12, 2016, 05:59:01 am
Great image, Patricia, that captures my state of mind perfectly.

I am trying to juggle my daughter, one granddaughter, this morning's doctor's appointment, three hospital appointments, a blood test to coincide, and get two new tryres fitted to the car this afternoon, the latter due to hitting the high pavement kerb that runs right up to the steel gates that lead out of the underground car park at the supermarket. Those gates are the start of the right-hand turn up the ramp to ground level and escape. You could not make a worse design if you tried. Having one car enter and another depart through those gates at the same time is a practical impossibility, but perfectly possible if you are doing it on a piece of drawing paper or on a monitor.

I suppose that I could manage by replacing just the blistered tyre, but why run one axle with tyres in different states of age/wear? Life is already short enough.

Comforting to know the value of my pound, right now that I need it, has shrunk so prettily against the euro.

Rob
Title: Re: Settlement
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 12, 2016, 08:58:29 am
That's a wonderful "equivalent", Patricia. The ghosts of Minor and Stieglitz and I (not a ghost, yet) approve heartily.

-Eric