Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on July 11, 2016, 05:51:07 pm

Title: Colorado
Post by: BobDavid on July 11, 2016, 05:51:07 pm
View from Highway 96 looking towards Westcliffe and a day/night view of Denver from the 9th floor of the hotel.
Title: Re: Colorado
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 11, 2016, 08:51:04 pm
Nice, both, Bob.

I'm amused that the first is reminiscent of your Florida beach scenes, but with a somewhat more jagged horizon.
Title: Re: Colorado
Post by: BobDavid on July 11, 2016, 09:45:32 pm
Nice, both, Bob.

I'm amused that the first is reminiscent of your Florida beach scenes, but with a somewhat more jagged horizon.

Thanks for catching that, Eric. That's exactly what I was aiming for.
Title: Re: Colorado
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 11, 2016, 09:51:58 pm
...with a somewhat more jagged horizon.

Eric, you forgot that Colorado is a legal-marijuana state ;)
Title: Re: Colorado
Post by: BobDavid on July 11, 2016, 11:20:16 pm
I went to a "medical dispensary" specifically seeking a strain with a low THC to cannabinoid ratio (THC and I don't get along). There are a number of different types of cannabinoids in MJ, some of which have anti-inflammatory properties. Some cannabinoids have psychoactive properties while others don't.

The dispensary was hilarious. The receptionist (a pretty young woman) asked for my driver license and told me to have a seat and wait to be called. I sat in the waiting area with a few burnouts from the 60s (sporting tie-died T-shirts), a well-groomed middle-aged man, and a few hipster types.

A skinny young man wearing a white medical coat came out from the back office and called my name. He ushered me to the pharmacy. I was handed off to another skinny white kid wearing a white medical coat.

I explained my health situation, and asked for his advice. I was animate abut stressing my desire for relief over getting high. The young man had a squeaky voice. He talked quickly. I could barely understand him. Several minutes of back and forth went on until he recommended a sativa strain. I bought a joint. The cost was nominal.

Later that night, I took a hit off the joint. It relieved some of my arthritis symptoms. I also got buzzed. The buzz was okay, but I would have preferred to not get high. The smoke bothered my lungs.

Per the skinny young man's advice, I stayed away from edibles. He explained that the psychoactive effects of edibles last anywhere from nine to twenty-four hours.

My buzz lasted a few hours, and then I fell asleep. I like Advil better.
 
Title: Re: Colorado
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 11, 2016, 11:54:47 pm
Now there's a new marketing slogan: "Advil is better than Pot!"   :D