Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: wing1 on July 10, 2016, 12:37:54 pm

Title: P1 iq3 100 with wide angle
Post by: wing1 on July 10, 2016, 12:37:54 pm
In your opinion all the wide angles in phase one range can work well with iq3 100? Of course the new 35 yes but the others?
Title: Re: P1 iq3 100 with wide angle
Post by: Christopher on July 10, 2016, 01:01:29 pm
On the XF the new 35 is amazing.

However, a good copy of the phase one 45D can be great as well. I have one and at around f5,6 it good and at f8 it's on pair with the new 35.

The 55LS is a great lens.

On a tech the Rodenstock 32/40/50 are all great lenses.


Christopher Hauser
[email protected]
Title: Re: P1 iq3 100 with wide angle
Post by: stevenfr on July 10, 2016, 01:16:56 pm
The 35mm ls blue ring is amazing, I have never used a sharper wide angle lens. Attached a 100% crop of a sand dune shot with the 35mm lens.

Steven

http://www.friedmanphoto.com (http://www.friedmanphoto.com)
Title: Re: P1 iq3 100 with wide angle
Post by: landscapephoto on July 10, 2016, 02:05:36 pm
The 35mm is amazing, I have never used a sharper wide angle lens. Attached a 100% crop of a sand dune shot with the 35mm lens.

The 35mm may be amazing, but all 35mm lenses are sharp at f/16. Your particular sample is taken at f/16 and close to the center.
Title: Re: P1 iq3 100 with wide angle
Post by: stevenfr on July 10, 2016, 02:11:17 pm
Just my 2 cents, why not talk to your Phase One rep and test drive the 35mm lens. It is sharp on the edges. I am not in my studio today, to post more samples, this crop was done a month ago for a client and I had the image on my ipad.

Steven
http://www.friedmanphoto.com (http://www.friedmanphoto.com)
Title: Re: P1 iq3 100 with wide angle
Post by: gagemanning on July 10, 2016, 09:55:27 pm
Have to agree with Steven, the 35mm LS (latest model), is fantastic. I wouldn't consider my self at Steven's caliber but you can see a few images taken with the 35mm here:  http://www.gagecaudell.com/category/schneider-35mm-ls-f3-5/ .

Gage
Title: Re: P1 iq3 100 with wide angle
Post by: siddhaarta on July 11, 2016, 08:44:16 am
What about the 28mm?
Title: Re: P1 iq3 100 with wide angle
Post by: Christopher on July 11, 2016, 09:28:49 am
I don't know. I know nothing about the new Schneider version. Perhaps if you get a great copy. However, as far as I know there is no BR copy available from that lens, which I think tells the story, that the current design just isn't good enough...
Title: Re: P1 iq3 100 with wide angle
Post by: E.J. Peiker on July 11, 2016, 04:34:30 pm
What about the 28mm?
The 28 pretty much falls apart in the corners on the 100mp back.  Lack of detail and just a general lack of sharpness.  The 35 is vastly superior but of course nowhere as wide but if you want great corner to corner sharpness with the 28 you are going to have to crop it to the general field of view of the 35 anyway ;)