Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on July 10, 2016, 03:20:11 am

Title: Angry Birds
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 10, 2016, 03:20:11 am
Angry Birds, (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/07/10/angry-birds/) in Trékyllisvík, Iceland.

Is there a way to embed video here?

Title: Re: Angry Birds
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 10, 2016, 08:57:09 am
Angry Birds, (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/07/10/angry-birds/) in Trékyllisvík, Iceland.

Is there a way to embed video here?
It's easy enough to click the link you provide, scroll down a little, and then click on the "play" button.

That is a beautiful scene, Rajan. Maybe the terns were just angry that you were using an iPhone.   ;)

In 1974 I got a little too close to a Skua's nest, and it attacked me. Fortunately, I had been told that Skuas attack the highest point of an intruder, so the thing for a photographer to do is to hold up your tripod with your hat on top of it. I did get a slightly blurry photo of the attacker, which I will post if I can find it.

-Eric
Title: Re: Angry Birds
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 10, 2016, 01:21:48 pm
It's easy enough to click the link you provide, scroll down a little, and then click on the "play" button.

That is a beautiful scene, Rajan. Maybe the terns were just angry that you were using an iPhone.   ;)

In 1974 I got a little too close to a Skua's nest, and it attacked me. Fortunately, I had been told that Skuas attack the highest point of an intruder, so the thing for a photographer to do is to hold up your tripod with your hat on top of it. I did get a slightly blurry photo of the attacker, which I will post if I can find it.

-Eric

Eric,

Please post the photo. Some 4 years ago we got attacked by a Great Skua at Breiðárlón. We were in a superjeep and the bird kept coming at it.
Title: Re: Angry Birds
Post by: biker on July 10, 2016, 03:23:45 pm
Clean shot, framed well!

I was also (almost) attacked by a bigger bird once. It was on Westray island, Scotland. Not an enjoyable experience, tbh.
Title: Re: Angry Birds
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 10, 2016, 09:09:48 pm
OK, Rajan, I found my skua. Not head on, but circling for the next attack.
(Scanned from 1974 Kodachrome).

-Eric