Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: geesbert on July 09, 2016, 02:17:17 am
-
is ther any information around wether the x1d will work with the HTS1.5?
what's the news on the tethering capabilities of the x1d?
I wonder how stable the whole contraption is
x1d -> x2h-adapter -> hts1.5 -> extension tube -> 80mm ?
-
Since not even a prototype of the adapter has been shown to my knowledge, I doubt that anyone except Hasselblad can answer this question.
-
According to initial response the plan is to make the HTS work!
-
I also read somewhere that the plan is to make it work, assuming image quality doesn't suffer. Can't find the source though. I've been wondering if they're possibly thinking about a similar product that's native for the X1D.
-
I fail to see why the HTS would not work. Support in focus is trivial, the work is already done for the H5D-50c which uses the same sensor as the X1D. The HTS is a selling point for the H camera, so there is a commercial incentive. The mount adapter must be sturdy enough to hold the HC 200, HC 120 or even the HC 300 lenses, the HTS is comparatively light.
As to tethering, Phocus should support the X1D on an USB connection. I think I have read that the present demo models present themselves as H6D-50c so as not to upset Phocus and that tethering has been demonstrated. I would expect the production models to use their real I.D., of course.
-
That should make it a sweet combination!
-
His question also had an extension tube in there ;)
-
The HC adaptor is already built.
The latest version of Phocus supports tethering.
-
has anyone seen the adapter yet? does it have a tripod mount? that would be essential, especially with such a light camera.
A Sony A7r2 -> metabones -> extension tube -> 90tse ist just about stable enough, but only because it can be mounted with metabones' dove tail.
-
I doubt that the X1D has a new lens communication interface than the existing one of the H series... It wouldn't be wise from Hasselblad to do so... IMO the H to X1D adapter is a "dummy" one and that would mean that both the HTS and the V lens adapter work on the new camera... That said, I would expect a new - much more advanced HTS made any time soon exclussively for the X1D where they would make use if the 4.5cm extra space that is there... That would make a modern Flexbody and Arcbody replacement, ...wouldn't it?
I would also expect tech camera makers to soon offer dedicated bellows that would have the wiring build in them as for one to use the the X1D instead of an MFDB on tech cameras and then lens boards for the H & V lenses...
-
has anyone seen the adapter yet? does it have a tripod mount? that would be essential, especially with such a light camera.
No it doesn't but I have put the request in.