Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: fotohoernchen on July 06, 2016, 04:56:46 am
-
Hi,
it's just my Hy6 which is back from rebuild to Mod2 version.
I was happy that it still is possible.
(https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-zcLDjmb/0/O/i-zcLDjmb.jpg)
Hy6 upgrades are still done at DW Photo GmbH
Phone: +49 531 6803551 or +49 171 4375802
Email : [email protected]
Service: +49 531 68035050
Email: [email protected]
New 6060 film backs will also be available in the future, they prepare a new manufacturing lot.
Long live the dead.
Best regards
Theo
-
Man... I can't really explain why, but I want one of these cameras.
-
Man... I can't really explain why, but I want one of these cameras.
See, he's a good photographer - he made a picture that makes you want it - but beware of what it looks like when it takes the makeup off in the evening :)
Edmund
-
The Hy6 looks sexy even with the shroud off.
-
The Hy6 looks sexy even with the shroud off.
The lens makes me envious. Really sharp shift lens, adjustable in 2 directions?
Edmund
-
Still, in my opinion, the best SLR ever made!
-
Please keep this oggling up... good for prices of legacy MF gear that apparently is not quite worthless yet and if the trend continues may even become priceless "vintage" collecter´s items like these (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/10-most-expensive-classic-cars.htm) classic cars :-)
-
A great camera - I'm still getting album covers out of my Hy6 MkI.
-
Hi,
it's just my Hy6 which is back from rebuild to Mod2 version.
I was happy that it still is possible.
(https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-zcLDjmb/0/O/i-zcLDjmb.jpg)
Hy6 upgrades are still done at DW Photo GmbH
Phone: +49 531 6803551 or +49 171 4375802
Email : [email protected]
Service: +49 531 68035050
Email: [email protected]
New 6060 film backs will also be available in the future, they prepare a new manufacturing lot.
Long live the dead.
Best regards
Theo
Hi Theo,
I recently was in touch with them for an upgrade as well. I haven't gone ahead yet though. They are BTW still selling new bodies as well.
Do you see any noticeable improvements with the upgrade? Do you have AF(D) lenses? Any improvement in AF?
Best, Joris.
-
Always wanted to own one.
The only reason I didn't was the lack of wide angle options.
DHW had a 35mm AFD Flektagon designed but it cost too much to bring it to the market. They were planning a short run (at a very high price) which was almost full. I am not sure whether it ever happened.
Lack of wide angle lenses was one shortcoming. The other one was obviously the lack of support from Phase One.
-
I remember handling a Hy6 at Photokina, what a lovely camera.
-
Hi Joris,
the main improvement for me is the individually stored AF corrections for the AFD lenses and one manual lens. This helps me a lot as I tend to forget it otherwise. I did not recognize any difference in the AF speed or accuracy.
The measure of the battery in % is a nice to have for me. The mirror slap got also less.
The other changes are more below the surface. The change of the outside is optional but it made sense for me as the old outside was quite used and I prefer the new surface compared to the Leaf Afi surface.
Best regards
Theo
-
Really sharp shift lens, adjustable in 2 directions?
Edmund
Hi Edmund,
Its a nice lens although because of size I don't have it often with me.
It suppors shift in two directions and tilt.
Best regards
Theo
-
Hi Joris,
the main improvement for me is the individually stored AF corrections for the AFD lenses and one manual lens. This helps me a lot as I tend to forget it otherwise. I did not recognize any difference in the AF speed or accuracy.
The measure of the battery in % is a nice to have for me. The mirror slap got also less.
The other changes are more below the surface. The change of the outside is optional but it made sense for me as the old outside was quite used and I prefer the new surface compared to the Leaf Afi surface.
Best regards
Theo
Hi,
What are these corrections?
Edmund
-
Still, in my opinion, the best SLR ever made!
+1
-
Hi,
What are these corrections?
Edmund
Hi Edmund,
I think AF adjustment is the better word. It's an AF offset for the lens.
Best regards, Theo
-
Its also a focus offset, as it adjusts the focus confirmation used on the manual lenses too.
-
Yes, they can do the Mod2 upgrades but only with bodies that had already the v3.10 firmware. I'm hoping to visit them next week and I'll report a little on what I find. I still have about 5 Hy6 Mod2 bodies in my stock, but only one 6060 film back and one 4560 film back new so I really am hoping they will come through on the new production of the 6060 film backs soon.
And in case anyone wants a set up just like in the OP picture - I've got a 55mm PCS lens available too!
-
Nothing will replace this camera with those spectacular lenses and the 80MP Leaf back. Occasional "Mirror Time Out" and "Back Time Out" messages are the only annoyance (Eric, please what are these?) that disappear with a restart. The often criticized 40mm f/3.5 is my favorite lens - yes, it is slightly softer around the edges - but you can point it into the sun at any place in the frame without flare. What other lens will do that? It is small, light and wonderful. The 110mm f2 is also magnificent and special. Glad they are servicing at least.