Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on July 04, 2016, 05:24:09 pm

Title: A few more flower macros
Post by: Bob_B on July 04, 2016, 05:24:09 pm
Another set of 'soft light' flower macros from this morning.
Title: Re: A few more flower macros
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 05, 2016, 04:17:25 am
I like #3, the contrasting colours are very nice.
Title: Re: A few more flower macros
Post by: francois on July 05, 2016, 05:57:34 am
I like them all but #1 & #2 are my favorite. #3 is more original but I prefer the colors in the other shots.
Title: Re: A few more flower macros
Post by: Bob_B on July 05, 2016, 08:17:35 am
Thank you Paulo and francois. Your favorites span all these images; I like that very much.  ;)
Title: Re: A few more flower macros
Post by: churly on July 05, 2016, 11:01:30 am
Bob - this comment is probably counter to what you are trying to achieve but ... The soft light is nice but a bit flat to me.  Just a wee bit of off camera light could put in a lot more life and depth.
Best - Chuck
Title: Re: A few more flower macros
Post by: Bob_B on July 05, 2016, 04:15:51 pm
Bob - this comment is probably counter to what you are trying to achieve but ... The soft light is nice but a bit flat to me.  Just a wee bit of off camera light could put in a lot more life and depth.
Best - Chuck

Chuck, thanks for the advice. I didn't do much dodging and burning on this group of photos, but I think I'll go back to LR to add a little extra to them. That will help rid some of the flatness in the light.