Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Kiwi Paul on July 04, 2016, 03:36:40 pm

Title: River Don
Post by: Kiwi Paul on July 04, 2016, 03:36:40 pm
River Don in Aberdeen, Scotland.

(https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7592/27807131660_9cb57f6e8b_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/JndPsu)
Title: Re: River Don
Post by: Sean H on July 04, 2016, 06:02:49 pm
This is a beautiful shot Paul; thanks for sharing. I found the lower 2/3 of the shot the most interesting as I made a virtual crop by simply scrolling down my monitor. I like the contrast in subject matter between the leaves and the dark browns of the river. The ducks make a difference.
Title: Re: River Don
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 05, 2016, 04:14:01 am
I like it better if I crop the top.
Title: Re: River Don
Post by: Sean H on July 05, 2016, 11:30:58 am
Exactly Paulo, you said what I should have said. By doing as Paulo suggests you will have the trees framing the river/ducks on three sides. It makes for dramatic contrast in subject matter and enhances the beauty of the leaves.

I like it better if I crop the top.
Title: Re: River Don
Post by: Kiwi Paul on July 05, 2016, 12:10:50 pm
Thanks for your thoughts and comments guys, a top crop may well work.