Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: brianrybolt on July 04, 2016, 05:34:50 am
-
A Walk in the Park
-
Colorado seems to have it all (well, maybe not ocean!). I was unaware there are sand dunes as well as spectacular mountains. This is a place with great potential. Thanks for sharing.
-
Hi Brian, thanks for sharing. I was also surprised that there were sand dunes in Colorado. It must not have been easy to take this picture because it could easily have been the case that the light from the sand dunes affected the other parts of the image; i.e. caused the camera to reduce its aperture or speed up the shutter speed to compensate for the light/reflection from the dunes. Such action would have rendered the hills in the background darker and with less detail. Yet you have managed show detail in both the foreground and background. I think that perhaps some shadows from the clouds may have helped. Thanks for the photo.
Colorado seems to have it all (well, maybe not ocean!). I was unaware there are sand dunes as well as spectacular mountains. This is a place with great potential. Thanks for sharing.
-
Nice composition. I think this is crying out for a mono treatment.
I visited that park a couple of years ago. Great fun, climbing those tall dunes.
-
Nice contrast between the softness of the dune and the "hard" rocks of the background mountain.
-
I like the shot very much and I love GSDNP! I haven't been for a few years now and you remind me I'm due for another visit. I'm close enough for a day trip but prefer to spend a night or two there to catch the best light and take my time.
I love the dappled light on the dunes here. It really draws me in.