Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: David Eichler on July 03, 2016, 03:49:27 pm
-
With the latest update of PS CC (2015.5.0), Select and Mask (previously Refine Mask) no longer works with adjustment layers, only with separate layer masks or masks applied to image layers. The button is greyed out when clicking on the mask of an adjustment layer. Is it now supposed to be this way for some reason, or have I missed some setting?
-
This is a bug in Photoshop CC 2015.5, were "Select and Mask" will not be available on the masks of adjustment layers. To edit masks of adjustment layers
1) In Photoshop Preferences - Preferences: Tools: Make sure "Double Click Layer Mask Launches Select and Mask Workspace" is selected.
2) Now you should be able to double click on the adjustment layer mask to launch "Select and Mask"
You can not get to "Select and Mask" by selecting the adjustment layer and using the Photoshop Menu's or by pressing the short cut key.
Post to the problem on Adobe Forums:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2171649
-
This is a bug in Photoshop CC 2015.5, were "Select and Mask" will not be available on the masks of adjustment layers. To edit masks of adjustment layers
1) In Photoshop Preferences - Preferences: Tools: Make sure "Double Click Layer Mask Launches Select and Mask Workspace" is selected.
2) Now you should be able to double click on the adjustment layer mask to launch "Select and Mask"
You can not get to "Select and Mask" by selecting the adjustment layer and using the Photoshop Menu's or by pressing the short cut key.
Post to the problem on Adobe Forums:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2171649
Thanks. I did a bit more rummaging on the Web since i posted and found this out.
However, one more issue with select and mask. Not sure if it is a bug or not. The radius slider no longer makes fine adjustments. It seems to start at a large radius and goes up from there. For me, this adjustment is now utterly useless for the small radius adjustments i tend to need when refining masks.
-
In PS 2015.5 (Win 7), it works fine for me. If I select Smart radius, it applies a 10-pixel radius but I can reduce it to any value, as I can without Smart radius checked. I can use the mask adjustment tools as before.
-
This is a bug in Photoshop CC 2015.5, were "Select and Mask" will not be available on the masks of adjustment layers. To edit masks of adjustment layers
1) In Photoshop Preferences - Preferences: Tools: Make sure "Double Click Layer Mask Launches Select and Mask Workspace" is selected.
2) Now you should be able to double click on the adjustment layer mask to launch "Select and Mask"
You can not get to "Select and Mask" by selecting the adjustment layer and using the Photoshop Menu's or by pressing the short cut key.
Post to the problem on Adobe Forums:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2171649
Thank You very much Jstar333! Cannot login on adobe forums for weeks >:(...
-
In PS 2015.5 (Win 7), it works fine for me. If I select Smart radius, it applies a 10-pixel radius but I can reduce it to any value, as I can without Smart radius checked. I can use the mask adjustment tools as before.
No. What I am saying is that the radius slider does not work at all the same as before. If you set it at the minimum radius, it has a much stronger effect than before and the way it works now at any radius is useless to me. I don't see the purpose of the new way.
-
I haven't found the new way to be an improvement but I just watched the Adobe demo again and it looks pretty good. I'll have to work on it some more.
Adobe demo (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/selection-masking-space.html)
The new tool has caused occasional lockups (Win 7) which require me to close Photoshop. I'll have to remember to Save before using the tool.
-
Crash?
Try disable OpenCL.
Go to menu>Edit>Preferences>Performance>Graphics Processor Settings>Advanced Settings
and disable "Use OpenCL".
-
Thanks,
I'll give it a try.
Crash?
Try disable OpenCL.
Go to menu>Edit>Preferences>Performance>Graphics Processor Settings>Advanced Settings
and disable "Use OpenCL".