Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: Kevin Gallagher on July 03, 2016, 08:57:39 am

Title: Good Article About Photography In the Antarctic
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on July 03, 2016, 08:57:39 am
 I found the link to this article over on DP Review, lots of great pix and info!

http://travel.resourcemagonline.com/2016/06/a-look-inside-the-darkness-of-the-sub-zero-antarctic-winter/8308/ (http://travel.resourcemagonline.com/2016/06/a-look-inside-the-darkness-of-the-sub-zero-antarctic-winter/8308/)


Kevin in CT
Title: Re: Good Article About Photography In the Antarctic
Post by: Sean H on July 04, 2016, 11:03:21 pm
This is a really interesting article; had you not posted it I would not have known about it and the connection to the film-maker. I had seen the documentary, which tells an amazing story. I always wondered how people could stand the long periods of darkness and constant cold in those stations. But the landscape around the base and in that continent is also fascinating.  In the linked article he (apparently) makes very interesting use of HDR as a technique for difficult-to-capture vistas. I have not done astro-photography but between him and the other people who have posted examples, it made me think about doing some of my own and making use of HDR. Another far-away place to visit added to my list.