Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on July 01, 2016, 01:40:00 pm

Title: Lush
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 01, 2016, 01:40:00 pm
Monsoon (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/07/01/lush/) bliss in Baradi, Goa.

Title: Re: Lush
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 01, 2016, 01:52:57 pm
Every photo you show of Goa makes me want to go there.
I'm glad that you don't try to give equal time to the places that have become ugly.

-Eric
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: John R on July 01, 2016, 06:02:45 pm
Communicating without words, that's what this image evokes. I looked at the photo and said, wow so LUSH! Wonderful Rajan.

JR
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: thierrylegros396 on July 02, 2016, 04:07:19 am
Communicating without words, that's what this image evokes. I looked at the photo and said, wow so LUSH! Wonderful Rajan.

JR

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 02, 2016, 12:29:10 pm
Thank you, Eric, John and Thierry.

Eric - it is getting increasingly harder to get a composition without ugly concrete sticking out.
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 02, 2016, 01:52:49 pm
I like the repetition of the greens, blues and identical trees.
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 02, 2016, 01:53:48 pm
Eric - it is getting increasingly harder to get a composition without ugly concrete sticking out.
That's what I use Context-aware Fill for.   ;)
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: Telecaster on July 02, 2016, 02:15:48 pm
Shucks, I was expecting pics of Miki Berenyi & Emma Anderson. They've "put the band back together!"  :D

-Dave-
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: Arlen on July 03, 2016, 09:39:13 pm
I like it a lot, Rajan. You have knack for achieving just the right processing on shots like these. Very pleasing color without appearing overdone.
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 04, 2016, 05:10:37 am
I like the receding mist into the distance. adds a good sense of depth.
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 04, 2016, 12:52:32 pm
Thank you, all.

Arlen - the monsoon greens are intense and, in the right conditions, can and do look saturated to the eye. I had to pull back the Saturation adjustment slider a bit here.
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: Sean H on July 04, 2016, 01:10:00 pm
This is indeed lush Rajan. Many of the coconut trees in the foreground (on the left side second row from the front of the photo) are of similar height and, I would guess, were probably planted around the same time and their branches are mostly in similar positions. Some of them resemble windmills. Was it windy when you took this shot? It would have been easy to have over-saturated greens in this shot but now I can see subtle differences in hues. The trees make the shot (imagine it without the trees). Thank you.

Sean
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 04, 2016, 01:23:23 pm
This is indeed lush Rajan. Many of the coconut trees in the foreground (on the left side second row from the front of the photo) are of similar height and, I would guess, were probably planted around the same time and their branches are mostly in similar positions. Some of them resemble windmills. Was it windy when you took this shot? It would have been easy to have over-saturated greens in this shot but now I can see subtle differences in hues. The trees make the shot (imagine it without the trees). Thank you.

Sean

Sean, thanks. Yes, it was windy. Not Icelandic windy, but monsoon-y windy.
Title: Re: Lush
Post by: Sean H on July 04, 2016, 01:57:03 pm
Rajan, that is a funny quote for this site, given how many photographers here travel and encounter different conditions.  Looking at your photo, once I saw the word "Monsoon" I could imagine the humidity and heat.
Sean, thanks. Yes, it was windy. Not Icelandic windy, but monsoon-y windy.