Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: philaitman on July 01, 2016, 04:58:18 am
-
Recently I've become obsessed with the closer details of the landscape. In particular the rocks around our coastline and the faults and cracks that run through them.
If I can judge the compositions correctly to make them interesting enough to look at I feel this may turn into a larger project. What I feel is important is, the longer you can look the more you discover -which is of course, true of so many situations-
Thanks for looking.
-
A lot of potential in this, especially the first one and particularly the color. /B
-
You are going in the right direction and it is a nice project. The first one in particular is noteworthy.
-
I really like the second one, very flat & calligraphic. Reminds me of this artist's work:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=johannes+schreiter&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjb4d3ohtLNAhUiJcAKHWS5AKoQsAQIHQ&biw=1794&bih=1331
Looking forward to seeing some more of this series.
-
Thank you all for the encouraging words.
Interesting what you say about the second one Graeme, I see what you say about Caligraphic -and thanks for the link-, what actually drew me to that parttern initially was the look that the rock had been fractured then an attempt had been mad to stitch it back together.