Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dseelig on June 29, 2016, 08:10:49 pm

Title: Epson P600 and Pixma Pro 1
Post by: dseelig on June 29, 2016, 08:10:49 pm
Epson P600 and Pixma Pro 1 I have the Pixma pro 1 and it seems to use a lot of ink just sitting there. Does the Epson P 600 use less ink in a sitting state is it cheaper to use?  Does it clog less then the 3880? I live in a dry climate. Thanks David
Title: Re: Epson P600 and Pixma Pro 1
Post by: D76 on June 30, 2016, 12:35:51 pm
I've had my P600 for only 3 weeks.  For that short amount of time I haven't noticed that is uses ink while idle - but what it surely does is drink ink when you swap between photo and matte black.  I've already learned to keep that to a minimum.  I'm using Exhibition Fiber for B&W, not just because its a great paper for the purpose, but also because it prints with the photo black cartridge.  I have a real love for the Velvet Fine art paper, but the idea of the printer discharging 3 ml of ink in the swap doesn't fly well with me.  Clogging hasn't been a problem here in Sacramento (a fairly dry place), but I tend to print something almost on a daily basis.