Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: churly on June 28, 2016, 06:22:35 pm

Title: Pursued by Shadows
Post by: churly on June 28, 2016, 06:22:35 pm
Pretty much free form so you can see what you want or nothing at all.
Just thought to try this out on some others.
Chuck

Title: Re: Pursued by Shadows
Post by: Zorki5 on June 28, 2016, 06:27:33 pm
I like it!

Immediately reminded me some very old horror short story, about a filmmaker... But, just like you image, my recollection is extremely vague, so I can't recall neither that story's title nor the author :)
Title: Re: Pursued by Shadows
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 28, 2016, 07:57:37 pm
That is a wonderful, creepy, abstract, Chuck!
Title: Re: Pursued by Shadows
Post by: seamus finn on June 29, 2016, 01:24:04 am
Scary, ambiguous, leaves everything to the imagination. Excellent.
Title: Re: Pursued by Shadows
Post by: francois on June 29, 2016, 04:42:28 am
My imagination has gone wild with these shadows!
Bravo…
Title: Re: Pursued by Shadows
Post by: stamper on June 29, 2016, 06:57:42 am
Add me to the cheering crowd. :)
Title: Re: Pursued by Shadows
Post by: mk_takes_pictures on June 29, 2016, 07:51:42 am
I find it unsettling, yet captivating.
Title: Re: Pursued by Shadows
Post by: Zorki5 on June 29, 2016, 11:40:00 am
Immediately reminded me some very old horror short story, about a filmmaker... But, just like you image, my recollection is extremely vague, so I can't recall neither that story's title nor the author :)

Found it in my library: it's Henry Kuttner's The Shadow on the Screen (1938). Quite a Lovecraftian horror story... Kuttner was a friend of Lovecraft, BTW.

Again, very nice, mystic and captivating image.
Title: Re: Pursued by Shadows
Post by: churly on June 29, 2016, 05:15:56 pm
Thanks all for the comments.  I wasn't sure if anyone else would have any feeling for this one.  It is reassuring (I think) that there are others out there.   ;D
Chuck