Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on June 28, 2016, 07:58:34 am

Title: Give the dog a bone.
Post by: stamper on June 28, 2016, 07:58:34 am
Amusing?
Title: Re: Give the dog a bone.
Post by: RSL on June 28, 2016, 09:24:51 am
Good shot, stamper. It's pretty busy because of the color so I tried a B&W. What the B&W loses is the correspondence between the dog's color and the chair's color.
Title: Re: Give the dog a bone.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 28, 2016, 09:30:52 am
Yes, a good one. The long-suffering expression on the dog's face makes it.
Title: Re: Give the dog a bone.
Post by: stamper on June 28, 2016, 09:32:03 am
For once I didn't try the B&W because I was attracted to the vibrant colours. In another post you quite rightly pointed out that colour sometimes works and B&W isn't the norm. I agree with the latter.
Title: Re: Give the dog a bone.
Post by: stamper on June 28, 2016, 09:33:47 am
For once I didn't try the B&W because I was attracted to the vibrant colours. In another post you quite rightly pointed out that colour sometimes works and B&W isn't the norm. I agree with the latter.
Yes, a good one. The long-suffering expression on the dog's face makes it.


I think the dog is wanting rescued. Over pampered?
Title: Re: Give the dog a bone.
Post by: Zorki5 on June 28, 2016, 10:29:57 am
Yes, a good one. The long-suffering expression on the dog's face makes it.

More like bored or annoyed ("Oh those people and their cell phones...")

Still a very good one :)
Title: Re: Give the dog a bone.
Post by: louoates on June 28, 2016, 10:43:51 am
We have all seen bored people sitting with somebody more interested in viewing their cell phone than in their company. So much so that we have accepted such rude behavior as the norm. But the victim here is a cute dog being neglected and somehow the rude behavior feeling is re-ignited in us.
Title: Re: Give the dog a bone.
Post by: francois on June 29, 2016, 04:29:19 am
I didn't understand the title but when I saw the shot… it became obvious.
Well seen!
Title: Re: Give the dog a bone.
Post by: stamper on June 29, 2016, 05:14:27 am
I didn't understand the title but when I saw the shot… it became obvious.
Well seen!

It is word play for ....give the dog a bone, a well known saying.
Title: Re: Give the dog a bone.
Post by: stamper on June 29, 2016, 05:18:14 am
I managed three shots of the scene without being seen, The first two had concrete bollards in them so it was a relief that the woman was intent in using her phone and the dog obviously spotted me taking the shot and pleaded for a rescue. ;) Thanks for the feedback.
Title: Re: Give the dog a bone.
Post by: francois on June 29, 2016, 08:41:35 am
It is word play for ....give the dog a bone, a well known saying.

Actually, before seeing the actual photo, I wondered what could illustrate the saying! Sometimes, I like to imagine what titles would fit photos or vice versa. Needless to say that you succeed beyond my initial hopes.