Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Paul2660 on June 27, 2016, 01:23:47 am

Title: Question on Pentax exposure bracketing with K1
Post by: Paul2660 on June 27, 2016, 01:23:47 am
I prefer to bracket in M mode by fixing an aperture and altering the shutter speed, but with the Pentax K1 it seems that in M mode with bracketing selected, the camera will alter both the aperture and shutter speed. 

The only way I can find to keep the aperture constant, is to move to Av mode, this fixes the aperture during the bracketing.  However the camera will select a shutter speed that it feels is the the correct one to start with.  I can live with this, but would rather have the ability to bracket from M mode.  With Nikon or Canon, you can set your starting point for the exposure, then fire off the bracket. 

Just curious if there is a custom setting that would let me bracket in M mode, with aperture remaining constant?

Thanks
Paul C