Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on June 26, 2016, 03:55:52 pm

Title: Untitled
Post by: RSL on June 26, 2016, 03:55:52 pm
Had to crop this one. Too much on both sides that didn't belong in the picture.
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: stamper on June 27, 2016, 03:34:33 am
That is what cropping is all about. I think there might be more to crop but of course that is subjective. The area around the waitress is interesting but she seems to be swallowed up by the surroundings?
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 27, 2016, 10:27:40 am
Or you could have brought a square-format camera to the scene.
But if the scene wants a different format from the camera, cropping is permitted.

This works well.
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: RSL on June 28, 2016, 11:22:41 am
That is what cropping is all about. I think there might be more to crop but of course that is subjective. The area around the waitress is interesting but she seems to be swallowed up by the surroundings?

Yeah, I thought about converting the thing back to a four-thirds, but I think context is important in this one, and the fact that she seems swallowed up is the main reason I shot it. I'm sorry she turned and saw me. The picture was better before I raised the camera. As HCB said, "it's ALWAYS luck."