Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on June 26, 2016, 03:24:36 pm

Title: Herðubreið From Above - 2
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 26, 2016, 03:24:36 pm
Herðubreið From Above - 2. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/06/27/herdubreid-from-above-2/)

Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above - 2
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 27, 2016, 09:02:31 am
The second has context and lots of impact. Nice!
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above - 2
Post by: francois on June 27, 2016, 09:03:17 am
Both images are fantastic but I prefer the second one. It give a broader view of the place. As usual, excellent B&W treatment. By the way, I also like the second shot (Herðubreið, Herðubreiðartögl, Ódáðahraun lava field) on your blog a lot.
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above - 2
Post by: Bob_B on June 27, 2016, 09:09:13 am
Hi Rajan: I also like the second one and especially appreciate your B/W processing. Very effective and eye-appealing.
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above - 2
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 27, 2016, 11:26:53 am
Scott, Francois, Bob - thanks.

The first image is an angle that puts the 'crown' roughly in the centre.
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above - 2
Post by: MattBurt on June 27, 2016, 12:30:06 pm
LOVE the second.
The first is good too and I see some nice looking ski lines in that one! :)

I'm going back to look some more...
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above - 2
Post by: mbaginy on June 27, 2016, 03:54:10 pm
Both are beautiful photographs, Rajan.

And what's more - Iceland are leading England 2:1 at halftime of the European football championship!!!  It's a crazy world.  Can't wait for the second half.  Goooooo Iceland!!!
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above - 2
Post by: NancyP on June 27, 2016, 05:25:26 pm
Photo #2 really makes Herthubreith look like the volcano it is.
BTW, this is the first time in a long time that I have seen the Icelandic font in a photo forum
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above - 2
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 27, 2016, 07:48:40 pm
BTW, this is the first time in a long time that I have seen the Icelandic font in a photo forum
Rajan does this regularly, and it has rubbed off on a few of the rest of us who try to find the right character set when needed.
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above - 2
Post by: luxborealis on June 27, 2016, 10:24:09 pm
The second really has a dramatic sense of place and I prefer the monochrome treatment of this set to the colour of the other.
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above - 2
Post by: Chairman Bill on June 28, 2016, 12:48:00 am
I always love a B&W landscape, and as usual for Rajan, these are excellent