Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: philaitman on June 26, 2016, 04:49:30 am

Title: The Black Cullins from Elgol
Post by: philaitman on June 26, 2016, 04:49:30 am
It's a classic shot, so when in Skye you find yourself there and try to put your own slant on it. Maybe I've managed that maybe I haven't.
The incessantly wonderful weather didn't help (I'm a moody weather kind of person) ;) I risked sunburn getting this it was so hot.

Thanks for looking.
Title: Re: The Black Cullins from Elgol
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 26, 2016, 02:07:59 pm
That's good, but the idea of your getting sunburned in Skye is just too silly for words.  ;)

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Black Cullins from Elgol
Post by: philaitman on June 26, 2016, 03:49:39 pm
That's good, but the idea of your getting sunburned in Skye is just too silly for words.  ;)

Jeremy

The weather we received was not the weather we packed for 😀 Rivers and waterfalls were mere trickles. Despite that, I still loved every second I spent there.
Title: Re: The Black Cullins from Elgol
Post by: francois on June 27, 2016, 09:01:01 am
Beautiful and an interesting take on a classic!
Title: Re: The Black Cullins from Elgol
Post by: stamper on June 27, 2016, 10:27:32 am
You should be pleased with what you captured. A fine image.
Title: Re: The Black Cullins from Elgol
Post by: philaitman on June 27, 2016, 12:36:17 pm
Beautiful and an interesting take on a classic!

Thank you Francois
Title: Re: The Black Cullins from Elgol
Post by: philaitman on June 27, 2016, 12:36:34 pm
You should be pleased with what you captured. A fine image.

Thank you Stamper :)
Title: Re: The Black Cullins from Elgol
Post by: mk_takes_pictures on June 28, 2016, 11:10:03 am
Beautiful scenery, very well taken. How long was the exposure?
Title: Re: The Black Cullins from Elgol
Post by: philaitman on June 29, 2016, 03:58:45 am
Beautiful scenery, very well taken. How long was the exposure?

Hi,
In this instance it was 39 seconds. I tried the same shot with 6, 10 and 15 stop ND's the 10 won on the day.