Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: photo570 on June 26, 2016, 03:11:59 am
-
Looking to get a new printer and wondering if anyone knows if the 4900 will ever be updated? I would love the new inset from the 7000 in the 4900 form factor.
Just putting it out there.
Cheers,
jason.
-
Looking to get a new printer and wondering if anyone knows if the 4900 will ever be updated? I would love the new inset from the 7000 in the 4900 form factor.
Just putting it out there.
Cheers,
jason.
Accordi g to my sources there will be no successor to the 4900.
-
From discussion with my sources: the 4900 is still considered a current model and will likely remain so at least for the next 18 months or so. It is seen as a unique product and Epson is not saying whether there will be a successor; for us consumers it is advisable not to "stand on one foot waiting".
-
I'd like to see one, but I was told not to hold my breath...
Maybe still sooner than Canon bringing out a successor to the 5100 ;-)