Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Kiwi Paul on June 23, 2016, 11:26:49 am

Title: Scottish Highlands
Post by: Kiwi Paul on June 23, 2016, 11:26:49 am
Another couple of photos from last weekends Scottish highlands visit.
A lovely place with spectacular scenery.

Buachaille Etive Mor, Lagangarbh hut in the foreground.

(https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7427/27212200323_18ac043600_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/HsDD6D)

Buachaille Etive Mor,

(https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7337/27789402676_4a9bd2edb3_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/JkDXfm)
Title: Re: Scottish Highlands
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 23, 2016, 02:36:15 pm
Lovely scene. You have a rather eye-catching halo around the peaks, certainly in the first (to the left) and I think, though it's harder to tell, in the second too.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Scottish Highlands
Post by: Chairman Bill on June 23, 2016, 03:00:44 pm
Yes, halos on both. Lovely scenes though.
Title: Re: Scottish Highlands
Post by: John Koerner on June 23, 2016, 09:08:49 pm
The fist one would be better without the gravel at the bottom.

I really like the second one.
Title: Re: Scottish Highlands
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 24, 2016, 03:51:18 am
I like #2.
Title: Re: Scottish Highlands
Post by: luxborealis on June 27, 2016, 10:28:47 pm
Classic highland fair - thanks for sharing!
Title: Re: Scottish Highlands
Post by: stamper on June 28, 2016, 03:42:32 am
I have trained my eyes not to see halos in images and only see the best of an image. ;) These are fine images but not as contrasty as I would like, but that isn't a criticism.