Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on June 23, 2016, 03:59:04 am
-
I didn't know where to go, I've never been to Yellowstone, and if it's your first time there, the place is rather overwhelming. I took some advice from the gatekeeper, and checked out the amphitheater at Madison. His idea of a good sunset location and mine were clearly two very different things. I'm not sure they get to leave their gate keeping post very often to actually enjoy the park.
I kept wandering, ran into a young bear, a few elk with large horns, a herd of buffalo, shot a few waterfalls, and then came to a deep blue pool that was quite beautiful. Caught a sunstar reflection there and wandered to this place. Apparently luck was with me, but not completely. It supposedly erupts at 9pm each day plus or minus two hours.
Today it could have erupted at the same time as this sunset, but instead about an hour later it went off. I suppose the only thing that could have been better was if the geyser had decided to go at the same time as this spectacular light show.
-
But then it would have been a different photo, the eruption would have blocked the view of this magnificent sky and reflection?
-
But then it would have been a different photo, the eruption would have blocked the view of this magnificent sky and reflection?
I think it would have added. I can post a shot of it going off later. Must sleep now.
-
Wonderful scene. I wasn't there, of course, so it might be accurate, but it does look rather more purple than I'd expect.
Jeremy
-
An amazing scene and nicely processed.
-
A lovely shot as it is.
But I hope you urged the management to resynchronize their geyser. :D
-
Wonderful scene. I wasn't there, of course, so it might be accurate, but it does look rather more purple than I'd expect.
Jeremy
Another case of hey if I slide the color temperature a little cooler or warmer it completely changes everything... The tones go instantly from purple to red/orange. I have shots with a 10 stop on and time delayed, and they are pink (as attached). These ones are more purple. I see so many sunsets that I don't even remember what this one is "supposed" to look like. The geyser going off also attached.