Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on June 22, 2016, 07:24:22 pm

Title: Herðubreið From Above
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 22, 2016, 07:24:22 pm
Details here. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/06/23/herdubreid-from-above-1/)

Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 22, 2016, 07:33:20 pm
Magnificent. I never got views like that on my one Iceland trip in 1974,
I think I'll dig up a few of the shots I did of a hike to the summit of Hekla (not in an eruption year).
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 23, 2016, 03:59:44 am
Good stuff, must be a geologist's paradise:)
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 23, 2016, 04:35:12 am
The first is fantastic.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 23, 2016, 10:31:22 am
I like the patterning in #1.
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 23, 2016, 12:57:22 pm
Eric, Paulo, Jeremy, Scott - thank you.

Eric, I hope you don't have any imminent picnics planned at Hekla. See this. (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/iceland-volcano-hekla-erupt-ready-to-blow-experts-warning-flights-disruption-a7092886.html)
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 23, 2016, 05:15:50 pm
Thanks, Rajan.
It was very quiet in 1974, almost half way between eruptions. The summit crater was filled with snow.
I will dig up my photos and post some soon. Or maybe I should wait for the next big eruption.

Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 27, 2016, 07:50:18 pm
I have now posted three shots of Hekla in 1974 in a new thread.
Title: Re: Herðubreið From Above
Post by: francois on June 29, 2016, 04:35:29 am
Nice set of images and a good complement to the previously posted ones.