Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Kiwi Paul on June 22, 2016, 06:44:17 pm
-
Black Rock Cottage with Buachaille Etive Mor in the background. In the Scottish Highlands.
(https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7409/27212197883_cd8f30aaf8_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/HsDCnz)
-
Very nice.
-
Good one. Any particular reason why the whole cottage was not included?
-
This is a well photographed scene. Cutting off part of the cottage is a different take from the usual. Normally the whole of the cottage and a large rock in front is the norm. I like the processing.
-
I agree that this different crop from "the more conventional" works for this well known landmark and the processing is clean.
My home is about a one hour from this place and the other wonderful scenery around Glencoe. Must pay another visit soon.
-
Thanks guys, the messy garden and that tree do not enhance the scene but unfortunately they are what they are.
There was a car parked just off picture to the left of the cottage which is why I had to cut off part of the left hand building.
-
Great catch Paul, I love the mountains & the clouds!
Kevin in CT
-
That's great. Aside from the wonderful scene I particularly like the processing.
-
Good one. Any particular reason why the whole cottage was not included?
+1
Lovely scene, great light.
20 paces back though (or a wider lens) would have made more sense to my eye, though.
-
Thanks guys, the messy garden and that tree do not enhance the scene but unfortunately they are what they are.
There was a car parked just off picture to the left of the cottage which is why I had to cut off part of the left hand building.
John, you probably missed that reply ;)
Have a Nice Day.
Thierry