Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on June 21, 2016, 03:58:12 am

Title: Bales
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 21, 2016, 03:58:12 am
In the village of Longueira, SW Portugal.

Regards.
Title: Re: Bales
Post by: churly on June 22, 2016, 06:53:37 pm
I've come back to this one a couple of times but wanted to see it on a bog screen before commenting.  It might be worth trying a bit more contrast in the mid ground to give it some more depth.  Everything behind the front bale (which is so dominant) seems 2-D in comparison.  Just a thought.
best, Chuck
Title: Re: Bales
Post by: maddogmurph on June 23, 2016, 04:00:52 am
This one doesn't do it for me sir. I don't really find anything compelling and the darkness in the top right I also find distracting or just putting me off I suppose.
Title: Re: Bales
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 23, 2016, 04:32:57 am
There's an awful lot of sky, and most of it is awfully flat and featureless as it stands. I suspect there's a bit of variation lurking in there somewhere, though, which might be brought out.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Bales
Post by: francois on June 24, 2016, 07:00:15 am
I've spent quite a long time looking at this shot and I'm with Jeremy on the sky. I played a bit with Photoshop and think that you may get something better from this sky. You should really spend some time as the rest of the frame is worth it.
Title: Re: Bales
Post by: thierrylegros396 on June 24, 2016, 12:07:34 pm
I've spent quite a long time looking at this shot and I'm with Jeremy on the sky. I played a bit with Photoshop and think that you may get something better from this sky. You should really spend some time as the rest of the frame is worth it.

+1

I've seen the shot on an old "TN screen" and I've seen that if you darken the sky, You'll have more structure.

Thierry