Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattNQ on June 20, 2016, 11:07:57 pm

Title: End of the road
Post by: MattNQ on June 20, 2016, 11:07:57 pm
Been a while since I've visited my favourite cemetery.


(https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Walking-with-the-dead/i-L4hRt8p/0/XL/P6153784_edit2-XL.jpg)

(https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Walking-with-the-dead/i-cVGdC2p/0/XL/P6153753_edit2-XL.jpg)



Title: Re: End of the road
Post by: stamper on June 21, 2016, 03:21:22 am
Hopefully your final visit will be a long time coming? I like the treatment because it adds a kind of spookiness to the images that is most appropriate.
Title: Re: End of the road
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 21, 2016, 03:51:31 am
Hopefully your final visit will be a long time coming? I like the treatment because it adds a kind of spookiness to the images that is most appropriate.

Exactly. I particularly like the second.

Jeremy
Title: Re: End of the road
Post by: francois on June 21, 2016, 04:38:07 am
Perfect treatment for the place… Both images are very fine but I'd give my vote for the second one.
Title: Re: End of the road
Post by: Tony Jay on June 21, 2016, 05:36:34 am
Great images both!
The first image is amazing in the way that perspective seems to warp space.
The second is a fine composition.
Both capture the mood of the place magnificently - just very different images.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: End of the road
Post by: stamper on June 21, 2016, 09:08:58 am
Is this IR Matt. I recently took some graveyard images that I haven't processed yet and I like the processing if it isn't IR.
Title: Re: End of the road
Post by: MattNQ on June 21, 2016, 10:46:11 am
Is this IR Matt. I recently took some graveyard images that I haven't processed yet and I like the processing if it isn't IR.
Yes, it is IR.
But of course digital IR is clean and crisp, so I sometimes use an IR film effect over it to add a bit of flare and grain.  It works well for these type of shots.


sent from Earth via tapatalk

Title: Re: End of the road
Post by: MattNQ on June 21, 2016, 11:14:15 pm
Thank you all for the comments.

Tony, I had wondered about an adjustment to fix the edge distortion in the first one, but it does kind of add something in a weird way
Title: Re: End of the road
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 22, 2016, 11:28:42 am
Nicest IR shots I've seen in quite a while. The mood is just right.
Title: Re: End of the road
Post by: MattNQ on June 23, 2016, 11:16:10 am
Nicest IR shots I've seen in quite a while. The mood is just right.
Thank you Eric. I found if the clouds and light are right the IR works a treat here.

sent from Earth via tapatalk