Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: William Morse on June 19, 2016, 12:05:32 pm
-
Weird problem. A client (I do PS training and computer consulting for him) just bought a new IPF6400, he installed it (I know!) while on the phone with Canon. Mac 10.8.4, PS CC.
He cannot print via PS, or any other Adobe program; the print shows up in the queue, then disappears without printing or any error messages. Strangely, he can print via the plug-in, but can't use BPC because of the plug-in 64bit bug.
Possibly (or not) related, when printing through PS, new profiles are not available, while the same profiles are available in the plug-in.
I'm stumped! TIA for any thoughts.
Bill Morse
-
The OS is now 3 full versions out of date and was not great when it was current. Update to 10.11 for free.
-
Hi Bob- Thanks for being the first to jump in!
Well, yes, it is older; I would say it's actually one of Apple's best. No reason to "upgrade" to El C. yet; OTOH Yosemite will be high on my list of things to do. So far, OS changes are not high on anyone else's (including Canon) rec list.
The OS is now 3 full versions out of date and was not great when it was current. Update to 10.11 for free.
-
What I would probably recommend is to have your client trash the existing driver setup and redo it.
That means:
delete the printer from sysprefs -> printers
open Terminal (or Finder) and navigate to /Library/Printers and trash the folder 'EPSON'
reboot
reinstall the driver .pkg
reinstantiate the printer
-
Thanks, Howardm; but did that already. Still looking for the answer. I will be resetting the printer system next.
Bill
What I would probably recommend is to have your client trash the existing driver setup and redo it.
-
Well, yes, it is older; I would say it's actually one of Apple's best. No reason to "upgrade" to El C. yet; OTOH Yosemite will be high on my list of things to do. So far, OS changes are not high on anyone else's (including Canon) rec list.
Having used all of 10.6,8,9,10 and 11 I would say 8 was the worst. Possibly because of the old baggage in Library files as was mentioned.
I waited a year before upgrading to each one so there is no reason not to upgrade. Just back up, click the button and walk away.
Aperture runs faster on the new system than it did on Yosemite.
I don't know if you can even get Yosemite now. Maybe in an archive somewhere.
The bottom line is that Apple is not doing bug fixes or security updates for these old systems unless they are critical. The driver should work but who knows.