Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: dreed on June 19, 2016, 08:31:55 am

Title: Can LR export "flag status" through metadata?
Post by: dreed on June 19, 2016, 08:31:55 am
Does anyone know why LR doesn't appear able to save the "flag status" (flagged/rejected) for images into the XML metadata file?

Are there other attributes that are not saved in the XML file?
Title: Re: Can LR export "flag status" through metadata?
Post by: john beardsworth on June 19, 2016, 08:40:43 am
Because no other apps use the same flags (AFAIK). Sure, other apps do have their own flags but each implementation is very much unique to the app.

Other information that isn't saved includes stacking, virtual copies, assignment to collections, history steps, etc.
Title: Re: Can LR export "flag status" through metadata?
Post by: dwswager on June 19, 2016, 11:39:22 am
Does anyone know why LR doesn't appear able to save the "flag status" (flagged/rejected) for images into the XML metadata file?

Are there other attributes that are not saved in the XML file?

No.  This is why I don't use Lr flags for any long term reasons.  That is, I use them now to do an initial cut, but I use labels for longer term status indication.  I cannot definitively comment on other non-xml attributes.