Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on June 19, 2016, 01:40:56 am

Title: June 17 June 18
Post by: BobDavid on June 19, 2016, 01:40:56 am
Miscellaneous
Title: Re: June 17 June 18
Post by: Bruce Cox on June 19, 2016, 01:03:30 pm
I like the "Waves".  However, I spend more time looking at the "Photo-Shoot". 

The peaceful, though crowded, beach is good counterpoint to the high, and-or low, drama of cutting a woman in half with a light-stand.

Federico Fellini was a magician like that.
Title: Re: June 17 June 18
Post by: francois on June 21, 2016, 04:39:35 am
Waves is my favorite by far but all four shots work very well together…
Title: Re: June 17 June 18
Post by: stamper on June 21, 2016, 09:21:59 am
Waves is my favorite by far but all four shots work very well together…

Yes. I wasn't always a fan of of your work but recently I am growing more appreciative of it. Keep posting.
Title: Re: June 17 June 18
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 21, 2016, 01:41:40 pm
The moon could have been by anybody and isn't very interesting to me.
The other three are excellent BobDavids.
My favorite is Waves.
Title: Re: June 17 June 18
Post by: BobDavid on June 21, 2016, 06:27:22 pm
The moon is something we all see. Technically, it's very hard to get a crisp shot with blue/brownish clouds. It doesn't belong in this series. It's not a "signature piece." I'm just a sucker for the moon.

My favorite is the photo shoot. I love the way the people line up on the same plane and the woman in the orange outfit gets cut in half by the light stand. It's the sort scene that catches my eye. My collection of candid beach photos is growing. Hopefully, they'll end up in a show some day. The 25" X 18.75" prints are neat.

Thanks for the feedback.
Title: Re: June 17 June 18
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 21, 2016, 10:44:49 pm
I will readily admit that it is much better than any of my attempted moon shots, but I won't post any of mine.   ;)