Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Fred Salamon on June 17, 2016, 08:43:39 pm
-
Any recommendations for a dust cover for the Epson P800?
For those who have one can you tell me what you like and or do not like about yours?
What material is generally best, nylon, vinyl, cotton?
Any brands/vendors to avoid?
Anyone have any experience with the printer dust covers from Pro Digital Gear?
-
Any recommendations for a dust cover for the Epson P800?
For those who have one can you tell me what you like and or do not like about yours?
What material is generally best, nylon, vinyl, cotton?
Any brands/vendors to avoid?
Anyone have any experience with the printer dust covers from Pro Digital Gear?
I have a cover for my P800 from Digital Deck Covers. It is the model that covers the printer w/ the roll paper attachment installed (I leave mine attached). I have their sliver colored nylon, which is a stout fabric and completely dust proof, spill proof. It fits loosely, which I like. Previous covers I've owned fit in a more tailored fashion, but are a pain in the posterior to get on and off.
https://www.digitaldeckcovers.com/products/Epson-Surecolor-P800-with-Roller-Attachment.html
No connection, just customer.
Rand
-
Found this on Youtube. B&H posts all of their free in house seminars there. Around the 3 minute mark, he addresses the subject of dust covers (albeit for a 4900), so, there's the advise of a high ranked Epson service employee. I just found out that I can never own a cat, and I like cats.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PxxqN_5mNo0
The entire video is worth watching.
-
I also bought a nylon cover (black) from Digital Deck Covers (for my R3000). I'm completely satisfied.
-
I have a cover for my P800 from Digital Deck Covers. It is the model that covers the printer w/ the roll paper attachment installed (I leave mine attached). I have their sliver colored nylon, which is a stout fabric and completely dust proof, spill proof. It fits loosely, which I like. Previous covers I've owned fit in a more tailored fashion, but are a pain in the posterior to get on and off.
https://www.digitaldeckcovers.com/products/Epson-Surecolor-P800-with-Roller-Attachment.html
No connection, just customer.
Rand
Rand,
Does the cover have slits in the back to accommodate the power and USB cables?
Thank you for your help!
-
Another vote for DDD dust covers. I have 2 (3880 and V700). I did just order something else for my PRO-100 only cause I'm cheap but I think the DDD will be made of more substantial weight material but that is just conjecture at this point.
No slits in back and honestly, I dont think they need them and it'd just add to their cost. The cables are low enough on the body of the machines that that isn't an issue.
Note to 38xx users: if you keep the rear sheet feed attachment on the machine all the time (like 99% of users), you'll want the DDD to be a little deeper than normal. I'm not sure if there is a stated option during ordering for that but it does make for a tight/clumsy fit.
-
Sorry for being a bit rude but this is an example of people paying more money for something to do the job when a simpler solution is available. I recall several past threads dealing with various Epson printers and dust covers. I'll repost my nice looking and inexpensive dust cover from several years ago. It is a very inexpensive shower curtain that I picked up at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $10. The size is a standard 72x72 inch shower curtain so it will fit on a lot of different sized printers. It works fine and I've not had any problems with dust getting into my 3880.
Alan
-
Sorry for being a bit rude but this is an example of people paying more money for something to do the job when a simpler solution is available. I recall several past threads dealing with various Epson printers and dust covers. I'll repost my nice looking and inexpensive dust cover from several years ago. It is a very inexpensive shower curtain that I picked up at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $10. The size is a standard 72x72 inch shower curtain so it will fit on a lot of different sized printers. It works fine and I've not had any problems with dust getting into my 3880.
Alan
Alan,
Personally, I don't think it rude at all. I asked for recommendations and for advice.
I appreciate your suggestion of a low cost alternative.
Thanks to all who have taken the time to respond.
-
Another vote for Digitaldeckcovers. I have one for each of my 3800, 3880 and 1430. Very high quality product
-
The Digitaldeckcover for my P800 arrived today. I'm pleased as punch. It's made out of a very durable material and fits quite nicely. I ordered the boring black color and it fits in nicely with my studio decor (really lack thereof :) )
-
I hate to say that I recently got a nylon cover for my PRO-100 from customcovers4you.com (via fleabay). While it was $19, the material is the absolute thinnest nylon I've ever seen/touched. Seriously, tissue paper is more substantial than this stuff and I can easily imagine it just falling apart in a few months. It's going back but if you want a better cover, I'd suggest the digitaldeckcovers.
-
I've had very good service from seller "totallycustometc" on eBay. The quality of materials is high and they are very well made. He can supply covers for any existing printer or device out there, with many options for colors and even stiched in logos if desired. I have a cover for my Epson 7900 and my Howtek 4500 scanner (made to my custom specifications). Highly recommended, reasonable price.
-
I bought my 3880 cover from http://www.compucover.com/ a few years ago. You just specify your desired dimensions. Available in black, navy, tan, grey, anti-static vinyl.
Merrill
-
I use a custom cover of my own design: a nice, clean, white, terrycloth towel that drapes nicely over the top of it. The added benefit is the cat likes to curl up on it also.
-
A suit bag fits my 3880 just right, cost me a suit though :}
-
I ended up going with a Digital Deck Cover for my P800.
It arrived today and I am very satisfied, fits well, looks good, nice quality gray nylon fabric.
Thank you to all who offered opinions and advice!
-
I have a Tumi cover that was made for my 3800 and sold through Epson. I'm happy to say it fits perfectly on my new P800. You may find a used one on ebay or at an Epson dealer. I got mine when a customer traded in his 3800 some years ago. Very high quality and does an excellent job keeping the cat hairs out of the printer. (y)
-
Any recommendations for a dust cover for the Epson P800?
For those who have one can you tell me what you like and or do not like about yours?
What material is generally best, nylon, vinyl, cotton?
Any brands/vendors to avoid?
Anyone have any experience with the printer dust covers from Pro Digital Gear?
Buy a cheap plastic drop cloth form the hardware store. Cut it to size. Three bucks, problem solved.
-
Afraid that has ZERO WAF
Wife Acceptance Factor
-
Since this thing closes up into a nice box, is a cover even necessary?
-
Afraid that has ZERO WAF
Wife Acceptance Factor
I your wife sews or knows a seamstress, you can always let her pick out a nice fabric and make a dust cover. It probably won't require more than a couple of yards of cloth and would still be cheaper than what others have paid.
-
My wife apparently isn't as nice as yours. She wasn't really interested :/
Anyway, a different one should arrive from Amazon shortly.
-
Benny,
1. Dust, as the name suggests
2. Pet hair
3. As a result of having a thick Tumi, I can use it for a table for prints, etc.
4. Now the cats can use it as a step stool to get on top of the bookcase without me screaming at them.
-
I like cats, but, I will never have one in my home along with my Epson.
I used to have two cats. Used to be a bit of an audiophile. One time I opened up a my tube pre amp, and was stunned at the amount of hair that made it inside that thing. That stuff gets everywhere. Don't miss it.
Now, as far as dust, it seems that the P800 is pretty well protected when closed up. My place is pretty dust free, because it's a nicely sealed two bedroom condo with central air. But, I'll get a cover if some here feel it's necessary. Better safe than sorry.