Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on June 17, 2016, 08:35:36 am

Title: Architectural Studies
Post by: BobDavid on June 17, 2016, 08:35:36 am
Slobodan:  Check this out: http://petapixel.com/2016/06/16/architectural-photos-capture-beauty-city-shapes/

I think your architectural abstractions are on par, if not more interesting, than this guy's work.
Title: Re: Architectural Studies
Post by: RSL on June 17, 2016, 09:44:48 am
+1
Title: Re: Architectural Studies
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 17, 2016, 10:06:08 am
He is good, prolific. I need to catch up.
Title: Re: Architectural Studies
Post by: RSL on June 17, 2016, 10:24:32 am
Bob's right, Slobodan. You're every bit as good as he is. Probably better.
Title: Re: Architectural Studies
Post by: Rob C on June 17, 2016, 10:58:50 am
As with much photography, you can't get a great deal better than what's in front of your camera, though you certainly can let it down big time!

That's one reason I admire some still life shooters: good ones, very good ones, can surmount that limitation and make something 'sublime', if I may dip/climb into the pretentious zone for just a moment. Hmmm... feels kinda warm and sticky in there; could become addictive!

;-)

Rob
Title: Re: Architectural Studies
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 17, 2016, 04:41:55 pm
I looked at the link Bob provided before reading any of the other posts. My immediate thought was that if he worked at it for a few more years, he might be able to catch up with Slobodan.

To me, Slobodan's have an excitement that this guy's stuff doesn't quite have.

-Eric
Title: Re: Architectural Studies
Post by: fdisilvestro on June 17, 2016, 09:57:17 pm
To me, Slobodan's have an excitement that this guy's stuff doesn't quite have.

+1

 I would add that (IMHO) some of this guy's photographs can benefit from b&w conversion
Title: Re: Architectural Studies
Post by: BobDavid on June 18, 2016, 10:48:08 pm
I looked at the link Bob provided before reading any of the other posts. My immediate thought was that if he worked at it for a few more years, he might be able to catch up with Slobodan.

To me, Slobodan's have an excitement that this guy's stuff doesn't quite have.

-Eric

I agree--S's work has pizzazz.