Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: BernardLanguillier on June 15, 2016, 11:01:27 pm

Title: H6D raw samples?
Post by: BernardLanguillier on June 15, 2016, 11:01:27 pm
Are there H6D 100 raw files available for download somewhere?

...and is there a converter able to decode them with high quality color profiles yet?

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: H6D raw samples?
Post by: eronald on June 16, 2016, 04:37:58 am
I can hear Doug murmuring something under his breath with a faux french accent.  It sounds like "Faux-cus" ! although I'm not sure where he puts the hyphen.

:)

Edmund

PS. I have deciphered this somewhat cryptic but helpful muttering. Voilà ze link.
http://www.hasselblad.com/software/phocus
Title: Re: H6D raw samples?
Post by: BernardLanguillier on June 16, 2016, 08:20:31 am
http://www.hasselblad.com/software/phocus

:)

Yes, i have installed it already, but I thought I read somewhere that the 100c was not supported yet?

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: H6D raw samples?
Post by: DrakeJ on June 17, 2016, 04:51:22 am
At the demo I attended, the 100c was still a work in progress, but I was able to take an image, upload it to phocus and do a few quick adjustments.

I also pointed out the absolutely worthless highlight recovery-slider in Phocus, which he was going to forward to the development department.
Title: Re: H6D raw samples?
Post by: Enda Cavanagh on June 17, 2016, 07:09:51 am
At the demo I attended, the 100c was still a work in progress, but I was able to take an image, upload it to phocus and do a few quick adjustments.

I also pointed out the absolutely worthless highlight recovery-slider in Phocus, which he was going to forward to the development department.

One of the great things about Phocus is it's simplicity....One of the most infuriating things about Phocus is it's simplicity.
Title: Re: H6D raw samples?
Post by: BobShaw on June 21, 2016, 03:33:47 am
One of the great things about Phocus is it's simplicity....One of the most infuriating things about Phocus is it's simplicity.
True, but it's a raw converter, tether capture, camera interface, reproduction profiler. It could perhaps do more editing and DAM but everyone has those.
They should add in Apple's Aperture. They could probably get it for free.
Title: Re: H6D raw samples?
Post by: bwana on June 28, 2016, 10:41:06 am
really? there are Hasselblad raws available somewhere? Where? I really would like to compare tonality/dynamic range with D810 files.
Title: Re: H6D raw samples?
Post by: Rob C on June 28, 2016, 11:21:33 am
really? there are Hasselblad raws available somewhere? Where? I really would like to compare tonality/dynamic range with D810 files.

I'm sure there are Hassy owners here happy to send you files where © doesn't matter. I certainly would if I had them.

Rob C
Title: Re: H6D raw samples?
Post by: Rob C on June 28, 2016, 11:25:10 am
Bernard, are you being tempted by Swedish beauties? I know my friend Keith denies he has a roving eye, but I fully expect to see a Leica divorce not far in the future... maybe one more honeymoon, and then ciao, babies! (As Shakespeare said: he with a spare has no care.)

;-)

Rob
Title: Re: H6D raw samples?
Post by: Rob C on June 28, 2016, 03:33:53 pm
Hehe.

Rob, as delighted as I am to see Hasselblad leading the race in medium format mirrorless with the X1D and as seductive as a classic V Series together with a simple digital back undoubtedly is I've never been happier with what I have. It complements what it is I do.

Nuf said.

;-)


Oh well, just as I was thinking of maybe, just, perhaps asking you for first refusal...

Just kiddin'

Rob
Title: Re: H6D raw samples?
Post by: BernardLanguillier on June 28, 2016, 03:50:55 pm
Bernard, are you being tempted by Swedish beauties?

Beauty always attracts the eye of the photographer, doesn't it? Besides I have sweet memories of Sweden! I remember being almost screamed at by a lady in an H&M store in Goteborg who was 100% sure I was a Swede showing off speaking English! I had to show her my passport! And then other sweet memories too...

As a former H1 owner and current 503CW owner it would just be a slight upgrade. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard