Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: David S on June 13, 2016, 04:48:13 pm

Title: Unable to choose electronic shutter on my Fuji X-Pro 2
Post by: David S on June 13, 2016, 04:48:13 pm
I cannot seem to select either ES or ES+MS options on the X-Pro 2. Obviously I have set something that forces the Mechanical Shutter option only. On (or is it in) the Shooting menu settings it shows MS for shutter type in yellow and I cannot choose the item to change to either ES or ES+MS.

Web search turns up nothing and I can find nothing in the manual to say what I have done wrongly or what I have chosen to cause this.

Any suggestions on what or where to look?

Thanks,

Dave
Title: Re: Unable to choose electronic shutter on my Fuji X-Pro 2
Post by: Paul2660 on June 13, 2016, 05:39:38 pm
The only time I have seen this is if I have the camera in bulb, then you are locked out of the electronic shutter.  Check to see what your shutter speed is set to.

Paul C
Title: Re: Unable to choose electronic shutter on my Fuji X-Pro 2
Post by: David S on June 13, 2016, 05:49:18 pm
Sadly no the case.

Thanks,

Dave
Title: Re: Unable to choose electronic shutter on my Fuji X-Pro 2
Post by: Paul2660 on June 14, 2016, 05:55:28 pm
One other thought, what lens are you using?  And do you have a different lens?  Just thinking out loud, there may be some issue with the installed lens.  Fuji glass is much more electronically controlled than any other camera I have ever used. 

My 35mm F 2.0 AF motor started to fail, and it created total havoc on the X-T1 and X-Pro2, all kinds of strange things.  Fuji replaced the motor and no issues since. 

Paul C
Title: Re: Unable to choose electronic shutter on my Fuji X-Pro 2
Post by: David S on June 15, 2016, 08:12:15 am
Solved and colour me dumb!

ES won't work in AF-C mode so it cannot be selected. I had been trying some shots in AF-C mode and forgot to move the dial back to AF-S mode where I can now set the ES or ES+MS state.

Thanks,

Dave
Title: Re: Unable to choose electronic shutter on my Fuji X-Pro 2
Post by: Paul2660 on June 15, 2016, 09:44:51 am
A mode I don't use, good to know, but makes sense.

Paul